The beginning

In the town of Greendale, where it always feels like halloween, there lives two girls...twins, half with and half mortal, who on their sixteenth birthday had to choose between two worlds.
The witch world of their family and the human world of their friends...well at least one of us had to.

My name is Persephone Spellman, and I am the very ordinary twin to the magical Sabrina Spellman.

"I was very confused by the zombies, I mean, why were they so frickin slow?" That right there was Harvey, Brina's boyfriend, such a lovely couple they make, although with her upcoming dark baptism... horribly misjudged "the idea of fast zombies, is a relatively new concept in horror. Earlier incarnations supported by the fact that corpses were affected by rigor mortis, and as such moved slowly" Sabrina stated all-knowingly.

While she was the more outspoken of us I felt more comfortable with keeping most of my thoughts to myself. It wasn't that I was why, no, quite the opposite "Brina" my voice rung out, slightly startling her "Yeah Seph, what's up?" I smiled at her brown eyes, it was curious that while being twins almost all of our features were drastically different, a small inside family joke stating that our fathers weren't even the same. While we did in fact share our mother's brown eyes, my hair was dark brown like our father's and auntie Zelda's features, something she quite admired, like her strong cheekbones. Brina was all too different, and let's not forget, actually a magically gifted.

It was a mutual concern between my aunties when Brina began to manifest powers when I did not...sure they hoped that I was a late bloomer, but alas I was not, so that leads us to the fact that, while Brina had a monumental choice before her, my life was to remain the same.

"I am not feeling so well, I think that it was all the popcorn" I smiled as another wave of dizziness hit me "sis, do you want to skip the milkshakes? Harvey could give us a ride home" Brina stated as she took a hold of my arm while I swayed "no, no please go have them and do toast in my honour" I smiled "I meet you back home, ok?" Brina nodded reluctantly and waved "I'll see you guys tomorrow!" And with that I was home bound.

The woods whispered as I made my way down the path, it was cold, a shiver ran up my spine... something was staring directly at me, turning to the left side of the forest a woman in a white dress stood, her cold eyes glaring into my soul. My whole body screamed for me to run, and I did.

Barging home I slammed the door behind myself, my labored breathing almost getting the better of me. Was she still after me? I wondered...peeking out the window I released a breath of relief...she wasn't "Persephone, my love? What are you doing here?" Auntie Hilda yawned as she walked down the stairs.

"Auntie, I'm so sorry for waking you. I wasn't feeling well so I chose to come back home" I smiled sheepishly "aw sweetheart, come here, let's get you some nice tea to settle your nerves" Auntie Hilda smiled as she led me to the kitchen.

"Auntie?" My voice broke out from the silence "yes my love?" She smiled as she turned to me, auntie Hilda was just worderfull and loving, her whole aura spoke "should I be nervous?" She seemed perplexed by my words "nervous for what?"

"Brina, I don't know... something doesn't feel right" at this Hilda smiled "oh darling there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Now, take your tea upstairs and tuck yourself in" handing me the small mug she led me up the stairs "goodnight my love"

I smiled back " goodnight auntie"

--.__

Nightmares flooded my head the entire night, visions of my cousin being overtaken by the dark lord. Darkness approaching and...that woman...that very same one from the woods hunting me relentlessly.

This time it was different than when we came face to face in the earthly realm, this time I felt that I was running towards something...someone; secure and warm. It was unexplainable because just as I was about to reach the silhouette she appeared, and blades began to pearce my skin in more than one thousand ways.
--._

"Morning Seph" Brina greeted, both of us appearing to have had a rough night "sleep well?" I asked her, she shrugged her head no as she slipped out of the bed beside mine "not particularly...no, I'm thinking it is about my dark baptism"

The light in the room slowly started to grow, hitting my sister's face just as she uttered her words "why are you nervous sis? I may not truly understand...but the way I see it you have the key to potential I only wish I had..." I stated, of course I also had a bad feeling about her baptism...but maybe it was just a weird paranoia coupled with the slight envy of her magical abilities "that's not what I meant, it's just that I've been having all these premonitions...I don't know...it doesn't feel right" Brina looked conflicted, the usually dapper girl I saw every day now more reserved.

"Why not talk to the aunties? They have gone through it, maybe they can answer your questions?"