1st task(Chapter3)

Aang's POV:

I was on a 'date' with this girl, she seemed to really like me but I was just thinking about Katara. I think I really am in love with her, I doubt it but it could be happening. "Aang-y." the girl said. "Oh sorry, whatever your name is." I said, awkwardly. She sighed, "My name's Meng." She said. "Oh right, sorry." I said. "You don't like me like I like you do you?" she asked. I shook my head, "Sorry." I said. "Eh, it's fine." She smiled, obviously hurt. "Anyway, the 1st task is over." I said. "Yeah, y'know. You should shoot your shot before someone else does." she says. "Thanks for the advice." I mention. "Of course, I know how you look at that girl." she also mentions. I smile.

Katara's POV:

I went on a 'date' with this annoying guy called Jet. He always had a piece of straw in his mouth, he really wanted to be a cowboy though. "C'mon baby. Gimme a smooch." he said. I then punched him in the face as Aang and 'Meng' came. The person organising this came also, "Okay, who punched this boy?" they said. "Well-" I got interrupted. "I did." my best friend said. Why was he doing this? "You're disqualified." they said. He nodded and went to his room. I then walked over to him, "Why'd you do that?" I asked. "I couldn't bare you to be disqualified." he tells me. "Also see ya later." he then says, kissing me on the cheek. Then he walks away, I am stunned.

Aang's POV:

I walk out the door and I wait in the garden, relaxing. 4 hours have passed and it's right now 8pm. A figure walks outside and sees me, "Aang?" she asks. "Hey Kat." I say. "Hey, what are you doing here?" she wonders. I look into her cerulean eyes, "I couldn't leave." I then say. "I should really tell someone." she said, arms folded. "Please don't." I say. "Fine, it'll be our secret." she says. I then look at her, the 2 of us 4" apart. "Y'know you're really pretty in the sunset." I say. Her face turns maroon, "Th-Thanks." she says, struggling. I laugh nicely, then we go closer to each other by 2". "Hi?" she asks as I move a hair loopy out of her face. "Hey." I say, moving 1" closer.

Katara's POV:

I look up at my best friend, 3" taller than me yet only 1" away from me. "Uh, you okay?" I ask. He nods, then leans in and gives me a slight kiss. I back away almost immediately, he then walks away. I grab his arm, looking into his taupe eyes. Then he goes as we hear someone come, it's Zuko and I just rub the kiss mark Aang gave me. "Hey, you 'kay?" he asks. I nod, "Can you meet me at lunch here?" he asks me. "Sure." Then the 2 of us go inside, I run up the stairs. My cheeks still a shade of maroon, "You okay Sugar Queen?" Toph says. She's on her own, "Yeah." I smile at what happened, "I'm proud of Twinkle Toes." She says, "What?" I ask. "Nothing." she says.