"Hello there, can I help you?" he asked, changing the tone of his voice into something more feminine and natural, like his beloved sister's gentle calming voice. He took a few cautious steps towards the figure just in time for whoever it was to turn and look his way. As it's face came to view, Jin's mouth almost fell open. It was a beautiful woman dressed in layers of golden silk, Jewelries glint and sparkled around the woman's neck and ears, accessories of which only worn by the highest form of authorities inside the palace. It's facial features was something he recognized easily, a mature face with sharp jawline, plump lips painted blood red, high cheek bones and fiery dark brown eyes hidden behind a curtain of thick platinum lashes, the same color as her hair. He knew his guess wasn't wrong about who the woman is considering the woman's aura screamed royalty and he instantly bowed his head in courtesy.

"Empress" he spoked softly and with respect, trying to shake off the feeling of nervousness creeping on every nerves in his body.

"I thought you'll be back in another week Mai, and how many times do I have to tell you to address me as Lady Khang when it is only us" the woman spoke, her voice full of authority yet a gentleness shared to only those one hold close in their hearts linger behind her tone.

'Are the empress and Xie Xie quite close?' he asked himself, remembering that his sister never mentioned anything about being in friendly terms with the empress, or anything about the empress at all. He slowly gave the empress a shy smile, pretending to be bashful.

"I'm sorry for forgetting empre-I mean Lady Khang, it must've been because I'm feeling homesick after staying a few days back at home" he explained smoothly, keeping his voice in a higher note than his usual deep baritone voice.

The empress surprised him by wrapping her arms around his shoulders, pulling him close and literally burying his head in her large beasts, cutting off all his airways.

She smells nice!

"Oh Mai, that's why I gave you permission to stay for two weeks in your home, I know you've been feeling homesick and definitely missed your family" the empress stated, stroking his hair almost like she was treating him like a child, making his cheeks taint pink. Suddenly, Jin felt his lower garment getting uncomfortably tighter, he hurriedly pulled away, fanning his flushed face with his arm, thanking the God's above that the gown he was wearing has many layers or the thing in between his legs would've blown his cover. He was embarrassed to act in such a way towards the empress, he knows his libido was not high and he has never succumb to the desires of being a man so he can't help but mentally scold himself, yet he was surprised once again when the empress laughed softly.

"Still getting flushed as always, how adorable can you be Mai?" the empress stated, taking a seat and grabbing his arm, pulling him close to take a seat beside her a little way too close for his comfort, making him hold his breath, trying to act as normal as possible.

"L-lady Khang, isn't this way too close?" he asked, slapping himself mentally when his voice cracked and stuttered yet the empress just giggled playfully, a mischievous smile making its way into the empress's plump lips.

"If you keep acting like that, I would suspect that you prefer woman over men my sweet Mai~" the empress teased, and right now he was 100% sure he was red as a tomato as he tried to get away with the empress's teasings.

'XIE XIE YOU DIDN'T WARN ME ANYTHING ABOUT THE EMPRESS!' he screamed in his head as the empress continue to tease him playfully.