Chapter FORTY- FIVE

Start from the beginning

"Oh" Mrs King blurted before composing herself. "Okay, have your seat. We're about to have a short test on Nuclear Reactions" she said and Nick nodded. He walked in the class and made a brief eye contact with me. I gave him a small wave and a smile. He nodded at me and looked away, taking a seat away from me.

Several grumbles were heard across the class. She walked from row to row, dropping a paper that contained three questions. "Okay, you can start now!" She said. Everyone flipped their paper and began to dribble something down. I wrote down what I knew which was only the first question. The remaining answers were guesses. She collected the papers and left the class as soon the bell rung.

Everyone stood up and began to make their way out of the class. I searched for Nick and saw him standing up from his seat. Springing up from my seat, I made my way over to him. "Morning!" I greeted and he sighed.

"Morning" he said and continued to walk as I tried to keep up the pace with him.

"Have you seen Eli today?" I asked Nick and he shook his head, still walking.

"I haven't, why?" He asked and I shrugged. We continued to walk and I saw a glimpse of Eli in a class. I stopped and held Nick's wrist to stop him as well. "What?" He questioned.

"I think I just saw Eli" I said with furrowed eyebrows. I looked at Nick and he was giving me a plain look.

"You're supposed to see him. He's a student and he goes to this school so seeing him is normal" he said before removing my hand from his wrist and walking down the hallway. I frowned. What's up with him?...

I walked over to the class I saw him in and I saw him seated on a chair and flipping through a book. "Hey!" I smiled as I walked towards him.

"Hi!" He looked up, surprised. "How are you?" He asked. I took a seat beside him.

"Good. What are you doing here all alone? I haven't see you today" I pouted and he smiled but it didn't reach his eye. He reached out a hand to cup my face.

"Just checking out something. Where were you yesterday? You didn't pick my call" he said and I bit my lower lip in thought. Will Nick be comfortable knowing that I told Eli that he is finally telling me of his past and all? If I were the one, I won't so maybe I should value his privacy.

"I...slept off" I said and his smile wavered. He removed his hand from my cheek and nodded.

"Okay. I was worried" he said. I blushed a little and pecked his lips.

"I'm here now." I smiled and he smiled back. We talked about random things for a while. He looked like he wanted to tell me something but he was holding back. I didn't want to force it out, I want him to tell me whatever was bothering him in his own free time.

In some hours time, school was over and students rushed out of the school. Since I had no car, I had to wait for Bex to take me home. She has started becoming distant lately. I know she is happy with Luke and he's making her feel like she's living a fairy tale but I'm still her friend, we hardly even talk anymore.

I felt the vibration on my phone and I checked it to see a text from Bex.

Bex: So sorry babe,
I won't be able to pick you up. Luke has a surprise for me so he's driving us there. I'm so excited.
Forgive me, love you. Xo

I scoffed and angrily shoved my phone in my bag. Eli left early because I told him I would be fine going home with Bex and now, she ditched me. I started to walk home. The cloud started to get darker and the wind was cold. I shoved my hands in the pocket of my hoodie and begun to walk faster.