"Sarah made sure if anything happened to her, she had someone she knew, someone to have us put in good homes."

"My cousins were in foster care," I tell them. "They hated being separate. My youngest cousin, Effie, was pushed into the pool and almost drowned."

"That's fucked up."

"Yeah, luckily for her, she survived. Her grandfather rescued her."

"Wait, I thought she was in foster care."

"She was, but her grandfather was in a bad situation then and couldn't take in his grandkids."

I couldn't tell them that Effie's grandfather was Odin King, the unorthodox mafia leader who was said to be dangerous and Satan of the underground community. He is infamous worldwide, and I know a few people who have heard of him or knew him would dare take him on. I'm not sure these guys know him, but keeping my mouth shut is better.

"Anyways, while we lived with Don and Sarah, they did a lot for us, especially Sarah." Solomon continues.

"Solomon over there had a huge crush on her," Brandon says, and his twin snickers.

"Fuck you!"

"Yeah, I remembered he would follow her around like a lost puppy."

I pinch my lips, not wanting to laugh. It would make Solomon feel embarrassed that he had a crush on his friend's mom."

"If you two don't shut the fuck up, I will make you."

"Yeah, yeah, don't get your pants on fire, which you had already done when you tried to present her with a candlelight dinner," Landon burst out laughing, which became contagious. I covered my mouth to hide the laughter.

With an angry face, Solomon abruptly rose to grab Landon. I stopped and shoved him back with all my might, though it didn't inflict on him.

"Okay, that's enough," I cleared my throat and took a deep breath to stop myself from laughing further. "It's pervasive for a Solomon when he was just a boy to have unusual feelings for a grown woman."

"Yeah, Sarah is thirty, and he was eight. That is a huge difference."

"Landon, bro, stop," his twin pleaded, but I knew he enjoyed the amusement. "You will piss him off."

"Anyways, as I said, it's common for both boys and girls."

"Claire, don't tell me you had a crush on an older man when you were a kid?"

I cross my arms. "I did."

"Who?"

I don't know why we are changing the topic, but it has calmed Solomon down.

"Christopher Reeve."

Landon gasp. "Superman?! Dude, he's super old now."

"He's dead, Lan."

"So, he was handsome back then, and I love Superman," I admit to them.

"What about the new Superman?" He asks.

"I like Henry Cavill."

"Okay, but who do you like more?"

"Oh, that's a tough one. I love Christopher because he's handsome, but Henry...oh my god, he's sex on the beach." I blurt out without shame.

But Henry Cavill is indeed hot.

"Better not let Don hear you say that."

I smile at Landon. "Don already knows. If Henry Cavill is sex on the beach, Don Wolfe is a god."