ONE

Renjun P.O.V

Renjun was a beautiful boy known and loved by everyone. Everyone except his step-mother and brothers. Everyday he is tormented by his step mother and brothers. Mainly his step brother Winwin. He knows Haechan doesn’t mean to pick on him. He’s only doing it so Winwin will leave him alone. He doesn’t blame his little brother for not wanting to go through what he does. 

He does all the cooking and cleaning. His step-mother only gives him small brushes when cleaning the house. Ten (step-mother) never gives him any good clothes like the other two and barely acknowledges him. Winwin was far worse; he would trip him down the stairs and tell him he was ugly. He would make more work for him, then take credit for the work he had done. He even made him sew some of his clothes. 

It wasn’t always like this for sweet Renjun though. Before his father passed away everyone was happy and full of love. Although he can’t remember what he looks like he remembers his mom being the most beautiful person in the world. His mom disappeared a few months after Haechan’s birth; he doesn’t know where he went. Maybe if he had stayed things would have been better. Even when Ten and Winwin came he was still happy for the most part because he still had his dad. After he passed that’s when the torment began.

Still remained strong and kept a smile. He had too for Haechan at least. Haechan was his half brother, they had the same mom but different dads. If the other two didn’t focus their attention on hurting Renjun they would hurt Haechan and he couldn’t let that happen.

“Renjun! Come Here!” Ten hollered from down the stairs. 

Renjun was puting all of their clothes away but rushed down the stairs as soons as he heard his name being called. He saw his step mother standing there impatiently. 

“Yes, Ten you called”. 

Ten didn’t like him calling him mother. It revolted him to even think Renjun could belong to him. He was only allowed to call him his name or sir.

“I can’t believe you haven’t gone shopping yet. We’ve been starving. My poor Winwin hasn’t eaten in hours !”

“I’m sorry I’ve been so busy with other chores, I forgot to-”

“Don’t make excuses !” he snapped, “Now go to the store, and you better be back before noon or else” 

“yes , sir”.

Ten throws the list at Renjun before going to his room. Haechan sees that the list fell on the floor and picks it up for his brother but quickly goes back to the table silently. Renjun smiles at him before going through the door. He takes a step then is tripped by Winwin. He looks at him with glaring eyes. 

“You better hurry up Renjun-ella. Don’t want to get another punishment” he smirked.

Renjun got up from the ground and forced a smile at him. Which only angered him even more. He left before Winwin could do anything else. Winwin always called him Renjun-ella because his cinder grey hair reminded him of an old fairytale. Even though he hated that Winwin picked on him, he knew he only did it to get attention from his mom. 

Renjun loved going down to the market. The people were always so nice and there were always new things being sold. He decided on making stew for lunch. He went around the market getting the ingredients he needed and other supplies for the house. The villagers all adored Renjun; he was the most beautiful boy in the village after all but also the kindest. They knew his family wasn’t that wealthy and always gave him a discount on his produce.

After his basket was pretty much full he started heading home. He was glad he finished earlier. He wouldn’t be scolded when he got home. He smiled gleefully, not looking in front of him. Someone bumps into him causing him to fall on the ground along with his freshly bought ingredients.