Chapter Nine

We soon stopped at a creepy motel for the night so we could all get some rest before the meet. I ended up rooming with Sydney, which I didn't mind. We walked into our room and threw our stuff on our beds. I walked over to the bathroom to see if it was as bad as the room. Luckily it wasn't that bad, but still pretty bad. It was small and plain looking and it all together just gave me the creeps. I shivered at the sight of it and turned off the light walking back into the room. Sydney was laying on her bed trying to get the tv to work.
        "The damn tv doesn't even work." she cursed turning off the tv and throwing the remote on her bed. 
        "Well, Finstock was the one to book it." I said with a smirk digging through my bag for pajamas. 
        "So, have you met anyone incredibly delicious yet?" she questioned sitting up in her bed. I rolled my eyes but laughed at her. She always had a weird way of asking if I found anyone I thought was cute.
        "In fact, yes, yes I have." I said taking my hair out of its pony tail.
        "Oh, do tell." she smiled sitting criss-cross on her bed looking at me. I sighed and sat down on my bed facing her.
        "Well, he's got dark hair and emerald green eyes that just make you want to melt. When he talks it just makes my heart flutter. He talks with such power, yet he's still caring and kind." I said smiling, remembering the first time I met him, then when he gave me my tattoo. My smile soon faded as I remembered there is a chance he isn't even alive. I looked down at my hands and started fidgeting with the bottom of my jacket. I took in a deep shaky breath and looked up to look at my best friend.
        "What's wrong Ell-Bell?" she asked. I smiled slightly at my nickname and looked back down at my hands. I sniffled and looked back up at her.
        "There's a chance he isn't even alive." I said shaking my head. I felt a tear fall from my eye and I quickly wiped it away.
        "What do you mean?" she asked confused.
        "You remember what I told you this morning?" I asked. Syd nodded and her eyebrows furrowed.
        "That friend, he's the one I'm talking about. He got into a serious fight and no one has heard from him, and I'm really scared. Not just for him, but for Ennis too. Neither of them deserve to die." I said sniffling once again. I sighed and wiped more tears as they came streaming down my face.
        "What's his name?" she asked me. I took in a breath and replied.
        "Derek. Derek Hale." I said looking at her. Her eyes widened and I nodded.
        "Ella." she said looking at me. 
        "I know, I know. I guess Ethan and Aiden told you." I said looking anywhere but her eyes. 
        "Isn't he one of the boys you were supposed to convince to join this Deucalion character?" she asked. I nodded and looked back down.
        "I just can't help it. He seems so familiar to me, I don't know what it is. Every time I talk to him or even around him I start getting nervous and I get jitters. My heart pounds out of my chest, I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack, and when Scott told me about Derek possibly not even surviving, I cried for hours. All I wanted to do was run from it. Typical Ella right? Running away from her problems and her feelings." I laughed but without humor. She walked over to my bed and sat down next to me and put her arm around my shoulders.
        "Have you tried calling him?" she asked. I shook my head but took our my phone.
        "I texted him, but no answer." I said sniffling. 
        "Try calling him." she suggested. I nodded and dialed Derek's number. As I thought, it went straight to voice-mail. 
        "Derek, please if you get this, please call me. I'm scared. Just please return my call or text me, something. Just please, call me." I left a voice-mail and hung up my phone. More tears started falling as I got more and more worried. Soon there was a knock on my door, not a quiet one, but a quite urgent one. I got up from my bed and walked over to the door and opened it to fins Lydia and Stiles. 
        "We have a problem." Stiles said. I furrowed my eyebrows but allowed them to come in.
        "What's up?" I asked. Stiles ignored me as he looked at Sydney who was still sitting on my bed. I snapped my fingers in front of his face and he snapped out of it.
        "Hu? What?" he asked. I mentally laughed at him and sighed.
        "I said, what's up?" I asked once again, sitting next to my best friend. 
        "There's something going on with all of the werewolves." he said sitting on the opposite bed. I raised my eyebrows and looked at Sydney.
        "Well, not all of them." Lydia clarified. I nodded.
        "What do you mean something's wrong?" I asked. 
        "I'm rooming with Isaac and when I came back to the room he was staring at the tv, that was static." he explained. I looked at him confused. 
        "Then we found Ethan getting ready to saw himself in half." Lydia said. I widened my eyes and stood up and ran out of the motel room. I ran down the hall to Ethan and Danny's room and knock frantically. Danny answered and I almost punched him in the face. 
        "Sorry Danny. Is Ethan in there?" I questioned. 
        "No, he left in a hurry and I haven't seen him for like 10 minutes." he explained.
        "Okay thanks." I said running everywhere trying to find him. I finally found him sitting in an old room which looked like was being renovated. He was sitting on a chair looking confused.
        "Ethan?" I questioned walking into the room. He looked up at me and ran to me giving me a hug. I hugged him back tightly. "Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked into his shoulder. I felt him nod and then we pulled from our hug. I sighed and hugged him again feeling frightened.
        "What the hell is happening?" I questioned. 
        "I have no idea." he answered honestly. I sighed and started walking out of the room followed my Ethan. I then heard a yell from down the hall and followed it. I went into a room which belonged to Boyd and found Stiles, Lydia, and Allison in the bathroom trying to lift something off of Boyd. I ran in and helped lifting the thing off. Once we got it off Boyd sat up and took in a deep breath.
        "Will someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" I questioned everyone. No one said anything.
        "Isaac." was all Allison said. My eyes widened and we all ran to Isaac's room. We ran in to find no one in the room, that is until we heard a whimper coming from under the bed. Stiles slowly got down on his stomach close to the bed with a lamp.
        "Hey Isaac. It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." Stiles cooed as he eased in the light burning Isaac. Isaac shot out from under the bed returning back to normal. My eyes widened as I forgot one important person.
        "Scott." I breathed out. We all ran out of the room and in different directions until we reached the bottom and found Scott standing by the bus in a puddle of what looked like water but my sense of smell picked up the smell of gasoline. My eyes widened as we all ran over to him. 
        "I hurt everyone I love. I've hurt all of you, especially you Stiles and you Allison. I'm a monster." Scott cried holding a lighter. My eyes widened as I realized what he was going to do.
        "No, no you aren't Scott." Stiles cooed as he took steps closer to Scott. 
        "I'm so sorry Stiles." Scott cried more.
        "For what? You didn't do anything. Come on, give me the lighter Scott." Stiles said holding out his hand. 
        "You don't need me Stiles. You never have. You'll be fine without me." Scott cried.
        "No Scott. We need you, I need you. You're my brother Scott. You're my family, my brother. Come on please." Stiles cooed also starting to cry. I felt my eyes begin to water as I watched what was happening in front of me. Stiles stepped closer to Scott, now standing in the puddle of gasoline. Scott looked at his best friend with sad eyes. Stiles was cautious but still advanced towards Scott. Stiles took a hold of the lighter and threw it in the opposite direction of the gasoline. He then hugged Scott, tears streaming down both of there faces. Scott kept saying how sorry he was. We then took our turns hugging Scott. We all then walked back to our rooms to try and get some sleep. 
        The next morning I decided to ride the bus and Sydney still followed on her bike. I was sitting in the seat next to Scott and Stiles. Finstock blew his whistle signaling for everyone to shut up. Stiles suddenly got up and took the whistle from Finstock and shook the whistle and power fell out into his hand. I heard him mutter the word 'wolves-bane'. My eyes widened. No wonder all of the werewolves that were on the bus were acting crazy last night. Stiles opened the window and threw out the whistle and the wolves-bane. Finstock yelled at him which made me and Scott laugh.