iv. cobra kai's new beginning.

Start from the beginning

"I'm not trying to convince you." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't care if you walk out that door right now, because it'll show that you are weak and that you are a pussy." He sipped his beer, looking up at her. "Am I offending you, Miss. Villanueva?" Johnny hummed as he watched her facial features.

"A little, yeah."

"Good." He said, standing up.

"I have faith in you Hunter. You have the fire in your eyes." Johnny exclaimed, standing up from his seat. The girl just looked at her feet. Maybe she was weak.

"I know you're not weak. I know you can train. You just have to be confident in yourself and have self respect." He explained. "I have confidence, I have respect for myself, look where I am!" Johnny said, expanding his arms. Hunter looked around his office. A few leaks in the roof, a coors banquet on his desk and a sixteen pound laptop. "This is a real Shangri-La, sensei." She muttered. "Watch it." The man muttered before sighing.

"Look, you have to have patience, villanueva. it's not gonna happen overnight. Just believe in yourself." Johnny said softly. "Now get back out on that mat and do twenty pushups." He instructed which made hunter smile.

"Yes, sensei." She said softly before leaving his office.

  Hunter snickered at the memory, although it was barely even a week ago, she felt more confident in her skin.

"Would it be inappropriate if I said your sensei was cute?" Anita hummed, taking a glance at her daughter.

Hunter giggled before making a face of disgust. "Ew, yes! He's like fifty, mom." She laughed, throwing her head back. Anita giggled along with her daughter. "Besides, last month you were saying how Mr. Lawrence was a drunken slob!"

"That's before he shaved and cleaned himself up." She said, eating a piece of popcorn. Hunter shook her head letting out a laugh as a knock came upon their door. Hunter knew it was Miguel seeing as it was after four and karate was at four-thirty.

"Come in!" She shouted. The boy walked into the apartment with his book bag, giving each of them a smile.

"Miguel, it's nice to see you. How did your mom and grandmother like the biko?" She smiled at the boy. Miguel chuckled. "They loved it, thank you again Miss. Villanueva." He responded.

"Hey, Hunter, are you ready?" He smiled at the girl. Hunter nodded before grabbing her karate bag. "Be back soon mom." The girl said, giving her mom a kiss on the cheek. "Bye, anak, text me if class runs late."

Hunter and Miguel departed from the apartment as they began walking towards the karate dojo. The two conversed about random things, home life, comic books, movies, anything they could think of to pass the time.

"Hey can I tell you something?" Miguel questioned. Hunter nodded her head.

"Lay it on me, string bean." She hummed.

Miguel snickered. "Well there's this girl, and I think I like her." He hummed. Hunter looked up at him with wide eyes. "Holy shit, who is it Diaz?"

The boy shrugged his shoulders. "Well she has wavy brown hair, beautiful eyes, smooth tanned skin." He said softly. Hunter let out a breathe. The description was fitting towards her, but that would be crazy, Miguel liking Hunter?