𐐒𐐚 06 : almond tofu ˎˊ˗

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Does he have a monthly period or-?" Smiley Yanxiao waves his hands in front of you vigorously, "No, it's because there's only a certain month he orders Almond Tofus from me."

"Well, anyways..." He shrugged the thought and turned around to look for some ingredients for the dish. He scanned each shelves in the kitchen carefully, every nook inside not left examined.

"I'll need you to buy some high quality fresh milk then."

"I thought I'll only deliver the food?" You asked, your tone laced with dissatisfaction.

"We are understaffed as of now, so you go ahead and do it." He answered bluntly and you felt an irk mark appear on your forehead. "That's not my fault, old man." You retorted and Smiley Yanxiao faced you, coincidentally having the same expression as you do.

"Huh? I'm not as old as you think. And also, watch your words when talking to someone older than you."

"Yeah sure old fart." You muttered to yourself lowly so that the man wouldn't hear it. You turned around and rolled your eyes in annoyance, commissions couldn't get any worse than this.

The trip to a nearby shop on foot wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. In fact, boredom didn't take over you as you saw the enormous, colorful kites in the blue beds of the bright sky from a distance. This place really had alot to offer, from wide range of specialties and dishes alone, to captivating sceneries whenever it was in broad daylight or a dark moonlit sky, and a good looking adeptus too. Liyue never fails to amaze me. You thought.

About an hour has passed and you are stuck again in the crucial part of food deliveries. It is no other than waiting for the dish to be cooked.

You stood there eyeing the chef everything he's doing to make sure you're not zoning out again as you did with the Boss Lady to which Smiley Yanxiao was irked by the fact that he's watched for the time being.

"Go outside while waiting or something." He said while continuing to prepare the dessert.

"I can do that." As soon as he heared the words he loosened up his posture, feeling like a heavy weight was lifted off his chest.

"But I won't." The man groaned and threw his head back, as you kept watch and enjoyed pissing him off for making you do something that wasn't part of the commission.

Countless salty remarks and comments of Smiley Yanxiao later, he handed you a small, sturdy box that contained the dish inside.

"Make sure you keep it in good condition."

"Of course." You answered and held the box with your own two hands, handling it with care as you climbed the flight of stairs.

The man so-called Xiao should meet you by the balcony of the Inn, yet you were kept in here waiting again.

Are the Archons testing my patience today?

You were suddenly startled as you felt another presence behind you, taking up most of the space in the balcony from the person's existence alone. You felt shivers trace your skin, and as much as you hate to admit it, you were a bit frightened and intimidated to look at the person behind.

You're certain of the fact that you were alone here in the balcony moments ago, yet how could someone just easily sneak in like that? Your figure stiffened, standing straight and tried your best not to let go of the Almond Tofu.

"What are you doing here?"

The voice was too familiar to forget from whose it is. A small smile crept up to your lips only to realize it was him. But; you also remembered how snarky and sarcastic he was towards you in your first meeting. So instead of displaying happiness and satisfaction from seeing him again, you put up a facade of annoyance to not make him get ahead of himself.

"So you're Xiao?"

"I thought you were only in a state of shock when you asked me if I was an adeptus. But now, I've concluded that you just like making yourself look dense enough to keep asking the obvious questions." He answered nonchalantly and took the box.

"Why is almost everyone in this Inn so goddamn salty." You cussed. The excitement inside you died out from hearing his remark, his personality was such a turn off.

"Well, I'm heading off. Enjoy your Almond Tofu." You took a u-turn with one step, waving your hand off.

"Where do you think you're going?" asked Xiao.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

  ༺ ˖࣪  ∗ ਏਓ ∗  ˖࣪ ༻