Does it hurt?

"Brooke! Get your fat ass up and out of bed!" My every morning wake up call from my dear best friend, Thomas Blanco .

I turn around to find myself staring face to face with this devious asswipe. His dark brown hair messy as always and his ocean blue eyes bore into mine, pearcing through my soul.

"You better get your ass out of this bed." he leans closer. The warmth of his breath overwhelms me.

"I'm up. I'm up." I jump up and gets ready as fast as I can. I cover myself with sweatpants, a sports bra and a hoody. I force my feet into some grey sneakers.

I already regret agreeing to start jogging with him.

The wind brushes through my hair as I walk out the front door. The sun is barely awake and so am I.

"Just so we're clear. It is just a mile right?"

"No sweetcheeks. We're running 5 miles." My heart stopped beating for a second as those words flew so easy out of his mouth.

2 miles down and 3 more to go. He is doing this just to spite me. He is struggling just as much as I am. As I am thinking about my torture a dizzy feeling enters my mind.

Suddenly, a sharp pain pierce through my neck. It started to heat up and I can feel the weird, oddly shape it is burning. Like a symbole. A painful scream escapes my lips as my knees hit the ground. Thomas turns around and in a flash he was next to me. The worry in his eyes turns scared as soon as he saw the mark. I saw him cursing before I faint away.

My consciousness comes and goes. He carried me home in less then 5 minutes. How is that possible?

The doors swing open as my stepfather / Thomas real father takes me from him.

"What did you do to start this?" Nicholas Blanco shouted at him.

I faint again.

My eyes flutter open. The pain is gone. I'm alone in my room. It was just a bad dream. I get up and as I walk past my full body mirror I saw a black W type of symbole tattooed in my neck.

Just as I wanted to start freaking out, I hear Nicholas shouting outside my door.

"I can't believe this happend to her. She was supposed to be the normal one. How do you think she is going to freak out if she finds out you are a warewolf?"

I peek through the key hole seeing that he is talking to Thomas. I open the door slowly and both of them hurried look at me.

"You're a warewolf?" My heart skips a beat when those words came out of my mouth. He slowly nods, he keeps his eyes on me. "What am I?"

"We don't know yet, sweety. We'll find out with your next rune." Nicholas comes closer, grabbing my arm, trying to get me back into my room. They look afraid of me.

"No!" I pull away. The anger and fear rumbles inside of me. "You 2 are going to tell me everything. Right now."

They both walked me to the living room, they look scared.

"Your mother should tell you this, not us." Thomas breaks the silence. I give a sharp forcefully look at him and then he agreed that I should know about all of this.

My mother is out of town on a bussniss trip for her fashion career. She is coming back tomorrow night.

"Fine. I hope you're ready." he let go of a sigh and then looked straight at me. "Lets start with the simple. Your mother and I aren't really together. She has a husband in Portland. Jack Fernan..." he stopped as the doors swing open and my mother walked in. I guess he contacted her.

She slowly walks towards me, her eyes examines my body, my heart and my soul. I can feel a warmth spreading through my frame. My mothers eyes glow a violet, calm colour. It goes back to normal.

She scurry towards me, holding me in her arms, giving me a tight bunny-hug. Like every other daughter, who hasn't seen their mother in 2 weeks, would hug her back and be happy she had a save trip, but I couldn't get myself to do that. Not after the little info Nicholas just gave me.

Jack Fernandez. He must be my father, since we have the same last name and he is married to my mother.

I think my mother could sense that I have questions. She pulled away and got a wet cloth. She rub it against her forearm. Behind foundation appears what looks like a tattoo. It is a half moon with a triangle in it. Why would she hide it? It is beautiful.

"This is a rune. It appeard on me when I was with child." She pauses and walk closer to sit next to me. "With your brother, Daniel. It means understanding. People can't find out about your runes. There are hunters out there, who hunts us."

Now I'm prey? WTF!

She keeps on rumbling about this stuff forever. It feels like history class, except I'm actually interested in this crap.

"You have 2 more sisters, Emily and Katie." Tears started rolling over her cheek as she softly put her hand on my shoulder. I could feel a 'I'm sorry, but it was for your safety' coming along.

Tears started to burn up in my eyes. I cannot hold on any longer. I trump her hand away from me.

"Mom!" Her eyes widen. Fear rushes from her head down. She turns pale, like she has seen a ghost. "I know the story. I've seen the picture. It is written all over your face. Tell me what is the secrets that you've been hiding? What is happing to me? What am I to become? Am I a Witch like you or a warewolf like my father?" Nicholas stepped in to protect my mother from me as soon as I raised my voice. "You're scared of me! Well that's embarrassing." I turn to walk away, but Thomas grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"I'm not scared of you. We're scared of what you may become, because of who your biological father is."

Wait. What?

So it looks like the jokes on me, cause the girl that I thought I knew is gone. My 18 years of existence was nothing more than bullshit.

My mother walks forward, looking me dead in my eyes, making sure I hear her correctly.

"Your biological father is non other than the god of the Underworld, HADES."