Broken Assurance

I had decided to follow Jesus, what better thing to do with my life? I want to live for Him and preach the good news.

But I stumbled and broke my bones, I thought I was done for sure, crippled and worthless to God. I said, "what use is a spiritual cripple?"

But my Beloved Savoir replied, "when you where worthless and dead in your sins I stilled loved you, I bled and died for you. Look at My hands, My feet, and My side, for your disbelief I will forever bear the marks of my love for you."

I trembled, oh who am I that the Almighty should even take notice of me?

"It is before me that you stand or fall, and I say rise!" He took me by the hand and lifted me up. He put His hand to my mouth and fed me milk and the word of life. He gave me His blood to drink and His body to eat and He strengthened me.

So I went forward my heart full of His word, established in grace. My lips spill forth His testimony, His Spirit leads me.

But I stumbled and fell, and would have broke my neck if it wasn't for my Savior's hand. I would have fallen head first on the rock of judgement, but Jesus would not have it.

"It is before me that you stand or fall, and I say rise!" He took me by the hand and lifted me up. He put His hand to my mouth and fed me milk and the word of life. He gave me His blood to drink and His body to eat and He strengthened me.

Again I was renewed, my heart filled with love by His Spirit. My lips spill forth His mighty word.

But again I stumbled and fell, but my Savoir is always near me, so He stretched out His and said, "It is before me you stand or fall, my dear child, rise and stand beside me and vanquish the enemy. I have given you power, I live within you. All that are born of God overcome the world. When you are weak look to my own injury, and I will give you strength. I will glorify myself so that all will look to me that they may be saved. Have confidence, I am always with you."

"Why do You still love me! I have failed You time and time again! You have the right to leave me! To throw what is unholy back to the dogs! All my life I will praise You for all that You do."

But my Beloved Savoir replied, "when you where worthless and dead in your sins I stilled loved you, I bled and died for you. Look at My hands, My feet, and My side, for your disbelief I will forever bear the marks of my love for you."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 08, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Christian Evangelical Poetryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें