"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Poor Casey, maybe she really is insane." I took a step forward, not caring what would happen. All I wanted to do was cut that bastard. Making Casey think he was in her head, how sick.

 "She believed me." His voice came from another place, shifting yet again. How did he know what I was thinking? I shook my thoughts away, focusing on senses. Apparently he noticed this, because he switched tactics.

 "Ah, Cain my boy," I danced backwards a few feet so I could stand at Cain's side. He tensed and I felt guilt stab me in the heart.

 "Tell me something," The woods whispered again. I shifted closer to Cain, holding the knife with a steady hand.

 "Go inside." I whispered, low. He shook his head. I scowled at his ignorance. Whatever the woods - I mean Dad - were about to say, would most likely piss Cain off to know extent. But, what was it? The air was thick with suspense and I felt my nerves becoming more frayed by the second.

 "Do you like the little make-over I gave her last night?"

Cain growled and stood on his toes, ready to shoot into the forest. I put a hand onto his arm, knowing this was my father's game.

 "Don't. He wants it." Cain looked at me with angry eyes, until they softened. He knew I was right.

 The woods laughed, a haunting sound.

 "Jeez. What a shame," They started again. I was getting more pissed by the second. He could do whatever he wanted with me, but just leave the innocent out of it.

 "Only a second later and we could have all played together. Remember Kat?"

 His taunting set my teeth on edge. As much as I would have loved to run into the forest like a maniac with a knife, I couldn't. Getting inside the house wasn't a choice either, as soon as we would get inside, he would just have more fun.

 "Remember how I slapped you? And remember how you cried when I held the gun to your head?"

  The memories flashed through my mind like a horror movie and I felt the fear I had back then. What if he had the gun? Cain, on the other hand, just looked about ready to burn the forest down, just to catch my dad inside.

 "Remember how you cried for him, but he didn't come? Remember how you screamed to him for help, and he didn't hear you?" The voice teased further.

 Cain looked at me now, horrified and guilty. I didn't glance at him, just kept my eyes forward, face emotionless.

 "Remember how-" I cut him off.

"Enough! If you have something to say, say it to me. Not him."

 There was no noise for a few moments. The quiet was welcomed, though it held a twinge of evil intent.

 "Very well. We'll be meeting soon enough."

 That was it. I stood there in a defensive stance for 10 more minutes, but there was only silence. I backed up, motioning for Cain to follow. Without turning my back to the forest I slipped inside the house, Cain behind me. I clicked the back door shut and pulled the curtains forward.

 I flicked my knife shut and walked into the living where there was sniffling. Jake sat with Casey on the couch, holding her hand. Her face had regained some color and she wasn't crying anymore, so that was a good sign. I slipped the knife into my back pocket and dropped to my knees in front of her.

 "He's gone." I said, pulling her towards me for a hug. She hugged me back softly.

"I'm sorry I'm such a wuss." She apologized, looking down while pulling away.

"Honey, what did he say? And you're not a wuss." I replied, giving her a small smile. She took a deep breath and let it out, eying me.

 "He said- OH MY GOD KAT!" I jumped up, pulling the knife from my back pocket and flicking it open faster than I thought possible. Everyone's eyes widened at the knife. I looked around, confused to see that nothing was wrong.

 "What happened to your face?" She asked. Jake nodded along with her, curious. I waited for Clara to speak up, but she didn't. She probably went to bed already.

 "I fell down the stairs at school today. It took you this long to notice?" I felt bad about lying to her, but as there was no need to frighten her unnecessarily. I closed the knife and put it into my pocket, sitting in front of her again.

 "I was kinda distracted." Casey said, looking everywhere but me. Jake squeezed her hand gently.

 "Getting off topic, babe." I warned. She sighed.

"He just said some..weird things and Jake had gone back inside so it was a bit scary,"

  I shuttered at the thought of her being outside alone with that monster.

 "What things?" I pushed.

"Remember what he used to call you when we were little or when he was intensely drunk?"

"Kitty?" I recalled.

"Yeah. He repeated it over and over, then said that pretty soon...."

It seemed like she choked on the words. Jake looked pissed at what she already said and frightened as to what she would say next. I gave her a moment to collect herself. She gulped down the air.

 "'Pretty soon, Kitty would have to die.'"