𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝒱

Start from the beginning

"Bullshit," Celestria spits. "I will not be the one to take my best friend's child away from her," With that, Celestria storms down the hallway, not caring if Geralt was by her side or not. The thought of having a child made false hope grow inside her chest, but she knew she couldn't have this hope. It was taken from her long ago.

 It was taken from her long ago

Third POV-Past

Celestria sits quietly on her bed, in her nightgown. Her mother told her she'd be having an important conversation with her and to wait in her room. Celestria started her training not to long ago, learning to master her powers. Celestria looks up as her mother walks into the room. She sits beside her daughter, taking her hands in hers.

"My child, there is something I've been meaning to tell you for years," Celestria nods, urging her mother to go on. "When you were born your father and I were so happy, we'd finally had a girl after trying for so long. We got a mage to come look at you and what she told us caused my heart to stop beating in my chest," She sighs before continuing. "She informed your father and I that you would grow up to be barren , so I had her perform a blessing on you. This is where your gift is from," The knowledge of being barren hit the 16 year old girl hard. She'd always wanted to have children, even if it was only one. " What makes this blessing so special is that on your 21 birthday you will stop aging. You won't age a day after that,which means you will sit on the throne of Valhalla until a sword is driven through your heart,"

Celestria shoots up to a standing position staring at her mother in disbelief. "You've doomed me to eternity on the throne without even asking?! I was an infant and you decided it was righteous to decide my fate for me!?" She yells.

Her mother swiftly stands, drawing her hand back and slapping her daughter across the face. Celestria falls to the ground from the impact. "You will not disrespect me. You will stay on the throne for the rest of your life. Valhalla will not crumble due to your emotions," With that her mother exits the room, slamming the door. Celestria lets out a scream before sobbing.

It felt like hours, crying on her bed with her knees to her chest. Her head shoots to up to see Sirius, her eldest brother walk into her room with a glass of water. He places it on her night stand before sitting beside her on the bed. He opens his arms and she falls into them, hugging him while sobbing harder. "I am doomed to an eternity on the throne my brother. I will never bare children either. Why did the gods choose to bestow this on me? "

"The gods give the toughest battle to the strongest of warriors," Sirius reminds her.

"But I have grown tired and weak brother, I can no longer fight," He looks down at his kid sister.

"My sister you are the strongest of all of us. And it's not because of your gifts, or the fact that the throne is yours, no it's because of the kindness of your heart," She smiles up at him. "With you on the throne, when I die, I will rest peacefully knowing my kingdom is in good hands,"