𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝒱

Start from the beginning

Duny rips off his glove, looking at his now human hand. He sighs relieved before crawling towards Pavetta, meeting her in a heated kiss. I avert my eyes from the lovers, slightly uncomfortable. They finally pull apart.

"The twelfth bell has not yet rung," Pavetta says surprised.

"What has happened?" Calanthe asks.

"I think your blessing of this marriage has fulfilled a destiny. The curse has been lifted," Mousesack explains.

"Whew! I think this has the makings of my greatest ballad yet," Jaskier whispers to himself from beside Geralt and I. I look over at him only just noticing the woman who is clung to his arm.

"If you're alive in the morning, don't-" He pauses as he looks at Jaskier and the woman. "Grope for trout in any peculiar rivers until dawn," He lets me go but not before grabbing my hand, pulling me along with him.

"No! Wait, wait," We turn to Duny. "You both saved my life, I must repay you,"

"You've proven yourself to be the kind of man who would do the same," Geralt replies.

"We want nothing," I say simply.

"No please," Duny pleads. We pause again with a sigh. "Please, Geralt of Rivia and Princess Celestria of Valhalla, do not feel like you're doing me a service. I cannot start a new life in the shadow of a life debt,"

"Fine," Geralt responds. I look up at him, wondering what he's going to say. "We, claim the tradition as you have, The Law of Surprise," My eyes widen at his statement as they move over to Pavetta, whose eyes are wide as well. "Give us that which you already have but do not know," Geralt turns to leave, me following behind him.

"No!" Calanthe calls. "What have you done Witcher?"

"Fear not your Majesty, if I am seen in your kingdom again, it'll be to kill a real monster, not lay claim to a crop or new pup. Destiny can go fu-"

He interrupted as Pavetta vomits. My eyes go even wider. No, no, she can't be. "Pavetta? Are you?" The three turn to the Witcher and I. My hand shakily covers my mouth. What have we done?

Third POV

"Fuck," Both Geralt and Celestria say at the same time. He then turns and leaves. Celestria looks at Pavetta, mouthing a sorry and Pavetta nods her head. Celestria runs to catch up with Geralt. What she doesn't know is that Pavetta is relieved, happy to know that if the Witcher ever comes to claim the child, that Celestria would help raise it.

Celestria catches up with Geralt. "What were you thinking? Despite not believing in destiny, you don't see me trying to antagonize it!" She hisses.

"How was I supposed to know what would happen?"Celestria scoffs at his ignorance. Mousesack catches up with the pair.

"Clearly the girl has access to immense primal power," We stop and look at him.

"That would be correct but she has no idea how to control it," Celestria adds.

"I'm gonna stay. Guide her," I smile at Mousesack.

"You're a good man Mousesack," Geralt states before the both of them turn to leave.

"You both should stay too,"

"This has been enough partying for the both of us," Geralt explains. "We're getting out of here,"

"You both are bound to this now, whether you like it or not,"

"We're not for changing," Geralt claims. "You know us better than that,"

"Yes I do but you both can't outrun destiny just because you're terrified of it," Mousesack tries to reason. "It's coming, not believing won't change that,"