𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚛

.

.

.

"I love you."

"I love you too eomma." Byulie said with a smile on her face.

But Byul's smile slowly disappeared as she realized, "Eomma where are you and appa going?"

"We'll be going somewhere far...you will be our good and strong girl for us right?"

Byul nodded in reply as a tear fell from her eyes, "Please don't leave me," she mumbled.

Present Day

It has been 15 years and 3 months since Byul had seen her parents... she wasn't able to find any traces left behind by them.

It was currently February 14, 1897.

Byul is 20 years old and she lives with her uncle and aunt, who took her in when her parents disappeared, in  Joseon (𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝙺𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚊)  She is an ambitious noblewoman who believes in what is right.

꧁☀︎︎꧂

Kim Seok Jin left Korea and went to the States when he was younger after the 1871 Shinmiyangyo incident. He had witnessed his parents' murder at the hands of their landlord. Jin managed to escape to the United States with the aid of a missionary, and returns to Joseon an American, a Captain in the United States Marine Corps and freshly minted U.S. Acting Consul. Yet life isn't always easy, he is treated as a Korean in America , but as an American in Joseon.

Will their love be strong enough to face the challenges that may arise in the future or will it all end up to be fake? After all, we can't trust everyone, not even the ones closest to us.