A/N: apologies for this. I enjoy singing. It's not the best.

No, I am definitely hearing singing. It sounds good. I didn't know she could sing. I knock on the door, and she stop immediately. The door opens.

"Hello Mr. Stark," she says.

"Hey kid," I respond. "If you want something to eat, there's food for breakfast. There's a variety so you can get what you like."

She pauses, almost not sure what to do. She doesn't look at me, but I can't tell what's going on.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

Her eyes widen.

"I'm fine. Sorry. I'm, um, not hungry, but thank you."

"Was that you singing?"

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry. I know it's early. I can stop. I don't want to wake anyone."

"It's fine, kid. You're not bothering anyone. It sounded good."

"Um, thank you. So much."

"You know, you should really eat something. I heard you were pretty sick last night."

"It's fine. I'm really not hungry. I'm sorry about everything yesterday."

"Delilah, it's okay. You don't need to be sorry. What happened happened, and the most important thing is that you're okay. If anything, your allergic reaction was my fault. You had your allergy on your internship application, and I completely forgot."

"It's really fine. I-"

"Delilah, it's not fine. You almost stopped breathing. You passed out. None of that tells me that you're fine."

"I'm sorry."

I can tell she's getting flustered.

"You don't have to be sorry. It's okay."

"If it's okay, I would like to stay in this room please."

"Kid, you can pretty much do whatever you want. You don't need to ask permission to go into or stay in rooms. Just don't go into the ones that say 'Do not enter' and you'll be fine. I'll come get you when I start working in the lab."

She nods and closes the door. I stand there for a moment, waiting to see if she starts singing again. She sounds good, but I feel like she's afraid of upsetting anyone. How anyone can get upset over that, I don't understand. A/N: I do. I don't sound the best, especially in that recording. I want Tony to be supportive, but self praise feels weird since I know it's my voice. Yucky.

I walk back into the main room, and Romanoff and Barton are still the only ones at the table.

Romanoff notices me.

"How'd it go?" She asks.

"It was interesting," I say. "She was singing to herself when I got to her room, but stopped when I knocked. She sounded good, but seemed afraid, which is normal for her. She said she wasn't hungry, even though she's barely eaten anything. She even apologized for last night."

"What happened last night?" Barton asks.

"Really? When Friday called Bruce away? Do you seriously not remember that?"

"Remember what?" Steve asks as he and a bunch of others walk in.

"Hey," Bruce says. "Has anyone talked to Delilah yet? She needs to eat something."

"She said she wasn't hungry," I say.

Pep walks in.

"I have a better idea than asking if she's hungry. Bring food to her and tell her that she can have it if she gets hungry. That way she knows there is food she can eat, and it was prompted by someone else."