Congrat's Mr. Redfield

En başından başla

'He's not a recluse Chris; he does have contact with the outside world.'

'Yeah well, I'm just going off of every other psycho I've dealt with. Their base of operation isn't normally within a town, or even remotely close to one.'

'Oh were getting close, make a right here.'

Doing as he says I sense it as well. I may not smell him or what ever but I can feel it.

A few more minutes of driving and he has me pulling into a dirt and gravel drive way.

'This is a house, are you sure this is the right place?'

'Positive, he is defiantly here.'

I trust him somewhat and stop the car, I turn off the engine and sit for a few minutes debating if I can really just walk right up and ring his doorbell.

' Come on it can't be that bad, just get out and do it or I'll make you myself.'

'Well I guess I really don't have a choice either way then do I?'

Not bothering to wait for an answer I get out of the car and walk slowly up the steps. The front door is just that, a door. Nothing sinister looking, it's not a huge metal one with a dead bolt or anything. Nothing about this place feels dangerous, in fact it's almost inviting. The little flower garden on each side of the steps, the swinging deck chair; it all screams the complete opposite of a deranged scientist.

'Are you sure he's here?'

'For the last time Chris just ring the bell.'

So I do. It's a simple ding-dong sounding door bell, I wait a few seconds but I don't hear anyone approaching. I ring it again and knock for good measure.

"Hold on I'm coming."

'Yep it's defiantly him.'

'I told ya.'

He sounds so smug and I know he's smirking. I just manage to change my facial expressions before the door opens.

"How can I-"He stops in mid-sentence when he see's it's me. And then he's slamming the door shut. That was rude. I knock again, and when he doesn't answer or open the door I knock once more.

"Come on I know that you're inside. Look I just came here to ask some questions, alright? I promise I won't kill you or hurt you in any form." There's silence on the other end, but then I hear the sound of the door being unlocked and then it's opened slightly. He's looking out at me with one eye, hiding most of his body behind the door.

"What?"

"Can't I at least come in?"

He debates it for a second but agrees and opens the door wider so I can get in. Looking around the place looks pretty average. He's got a TV and a couch in the living room, the walls are painted white. Nice hardwood flooring through out the whole place. He walks to the kitchen and I follow him. I notice the pictures on the wall, some of them are of him when he was younger and others have I'm assuming family members. The kitchen isn't any different. It's got a fridge, stove, microwave and cabinets. The counter tops are an emerald green color and the same hardwood is on the floor. There is even a lap top sitting on the counter, there's a page pulled up indicating that he was on it before I had interrupted him.

When I turn and look back at him his arms are crossed and he's giving me a skeptical look.

"What did you want?"

Jeeze the guy sure is moody when he isn't injecting a deadly virus into someone.

"I want to know if the virus could screw up a body system."