"Jun, there's girls that would do ten times more for you and you don't even know their names." Xia argued, trying to convince Xiaojun that Yangyang was a new friend, not a stalker.

"Okay but I don't interact with them like you do with Yangyang." Xiaojun pointed out, making Xia sigh.

"I don't know, Jun. I understand what you're saying but at the same time there's just something that clicked with Yangyang."

Xiaojun smirked, wiggling his eyebrows. "Clicked?"

"Yah!" Xia exclaimed, shoving Xiaojun as he giggled at her reaction. When he calmed down, Xia gave him a poke. "Also, he's the one that suggested I should forgive you so you should be thanking him. Otherwise, I would probably still be mad at you."

A car pulled into the garage and Xia knew that Xiaojun had to get back to work soon.

"Okay, I guess he's a good guy, but just be careful Xia." Xiaojun said, grabbing a rag before making his way to the car.

Xia looked down at her phone, staring at the messages she had exchanged with Yangyang earlier, taking a deep breath.

Xia

You doing anything tomorrow?

...

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Ten asked as Yangyang locked his phone, hiding his messages with Xia from his friend.

"No reason." Yangyang replied, but on the inside, he was pretty excited. He was going to meet up with Xia, but was still waiting for the girl to tell him when she was available.

"Liar." Ten said, focusing on the road as he drove. They were heading to the countryside to practice racing techniques again, still waiting for the police schedule to come in. it was only the two of them today, Hendery needing to work on a project for school. "I know you smile a lot but you're beginning to look like the Joker."

"Wow, rude." Yangyang said, rolling his eyes. "I'm just going to meet a friend tomorrow."

"Xia?" Ten asked, making Yangyang's eyes widen. Ten chuckled through Yangyang's silence, finding the whole situation amusing. "You never hang out with anyone aside from us and you only spend time with us because we like street racing as much as we do."

"That's not true." Yangyang told him but they both knew it was a lie.

"Mhmm, whatever you say, baby." Ten said, making Yangyang narrow his eyes.

The city buildings disappeared, signalling that they were approaching their usual practice spot. Soon, Ten stopped his car, and the two of them switched spots.

"What do you want to work on today?" Ten asked, as Yangyang adjusted the mirrors.

Yangyang thought for a moment, thinking about what skills he was still lacking in before responding. "Can you teach me how to drift?"

Ten hesistated, knowing how difficult the skill was before nodding his head. "I can, but you need to focus, okay?"

"Of course." Yangyang replied.

Ten explained to Yangyang how to drift, making sure he didn't miss a step. Yangyang paid careful attention, knowing how important it was to excute it right the first time.

The turn where Yangyang would be performing the drift had a guardrail along the side, which wasn't the best, but Ten trusted Yangyang enough to let him go for it anyways.

"Ready?" Ten asked. Yangyang took a deep breath, nodding his head.

Yangyang released the brakes and pressed the accelerator, speeding towards the turn. He did the preparation for the turn perfectly, Ten instructing him from the side.

Suddenly his phone buzzed in his pocket, making Yangyang lose focus.

Did Xia reply?

"Brake, Yangyang! Brake!" Ten yelled from beside him and Yangyang realized that his phone and thoughts had distracted him.

His eyes widened as the guardrail came close but the car turned quickly, but not quick enough as the sound of metal on metal ran through both their ears.

Yangyang bit his lip, stopping the car as Ten sat there, silent.

Yangyang had messed up. Badly.

Ten undid his seatbelt and Yangyang followed him out to check the damage. Yangyang gulped as he saw it, Ten inspecting it with a deep sigh.

There along the side of Ten's car was a huge scratch and Ten was not happy as he stood straight, purposely avoiding Yangyang's eyes.

"Liu Yangyang, we are done for today."

———————————————————————————

Uh ohhh