"No idea," Susan came to stand next to her. "Let's go find out." 

   They rushed towards the water, and her heart came to a stop when she realized these people were holding up a short man—all tied up—and that they were about to throw him into the water.

   Susan quickly sprung into action, and shot an arrow at them, hitting the boat in the side so hard that it rocked side-to-side.

   "Is that a dwarf?" Astoria asked as the five ran up to the shore, drawing their weapons.

   No one bothered to answer her.

   "Drop him!" Susan demanded. 

   "Seriously, Susan? Out of the whole English dialect and words to choose from, you string two words together to make 'Drop him'?" Astoria said, exasperated.

   Susan rolled her eyes, and within seconds, the two men threw the dwarf ( or at least Astoria thought it was a dwarf but no one bothered to confirm her suspicions ) into the lake, and he started to sink to the bottom of the water.

   Astoria's heart stopped—someone was going to die if they didn't do anything.

   Before Astoria could jump into the water, Peter was just a tad faster than him and sprinted over to save him. Susan pulled back her bow, shooting another arrow that landed in one of the man's chest.

   "D-Did you just kill that person?!" Astoria stammered in shock.

"You literally just stabbed dozens of trees though," Edmund raised a brow.

"Sometimes people have to die. Hard, but sad truth. You get used to it," Lucy sadly smiled, placing a hand on Astoria's arm. "I simply cannot stomach it though."

   Peter managed to resurface with the prisoner and pulled him to land where they were standing. Edmund lugged the boat towards shore. Lucy crouched down to cut off his bindings. He coughed a few times before standing up, glaring at Susan.

   "Drop him?!" The dwarf scoffed. "That's the best you can come up with?" 

   "Shut up, Shortie. Only I'm allowed to bully Susan." Astoria snapped.

   "A simple 'thank you' would suffice." Susan retorted.

   "They were doing fine drowning me without your help!" The dwarf shot back. 

   "Did your parents ever teach you manners? You should be more grateful. If we weren't here, they would have killed you." said Astoria.

   "Yeah, maybe we should've let them," Peter said. 

   "Why were they trying to kill you, anyway?" Lucy wondered.

   "They're Telmarines. That's what they do."  He replied.

   "Telmarines?" Edmund said. "In Narnia?" 

   "Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The dwarf asked.

   "It's a bit of a long story," Lucy chuckled.

   A look of realization crossed over the small man's face when he noticed the hilt of PeterLs sword. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of Old?"

"I wouldn't mess with them," Astoria remarked.

  Peter nodded, stretching out his hand. "High King Peter, the Magnificent." 

  Astoria snickered at the cheesy name.

   "You probably could've left off the last bit," Susan muttered, making them laugh, but dwarf man still looked unimpressed. 

"Probably," the dwarf chuckled.

   Peter pulled out his sword, offering it to him. "You might be surprised." 

   "Oh, you don't want to do that, boy." The dwarf said.

   "Not me... him." Peter said pointing towards Edmund.

   Slowly, the dwarf took the sword from Peter. They stood in silence, before the duel started out. Weapons whirled about, clinking and clanking against each other.

   And the next thing Astoria knew, Edmund had knocked the sword out of the dwarf's hands which completely shocked him as he fell to the ground with a thud. 

   "Beards and bedsteads!" He breathed. "Maybe that horn worked after all."