Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Nɪɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 tiredly at her seat in DADA, next to Blaise, with her head buried in her hands, really wishing she could have a cigarette right now.

She hadn't gotten a lot of sleep lately, with the whole Sirius Black situation and had people whispering and making up things everywhere she went. Obviously it didn't bother her, she was a black after all. She also knew no one would dare say anything to her face, for they were not only scared of what she would do but of her friends too.

Her uniform was in her normal messy state but, instead of her normal robes falling of her shoulders, she was wearing a large leather jacket, the same one her father had gifted her before school started. She had somehow ripped a massive hole in the back of her robes and had to wait for them to be fixed. But she didn't really know what possessed her to wear the jacket, she could have gone without it or even had chose a different jacket, but she didn't. She knew it would be dangerous because if anyone found out where it came from she would seem even more suspicious but, as she liked to say, 'what's life without a little risk'.

Next to her Blaise was humming a song by the hippogriffs, which was rather annoying. Just as she was about to tell him to stop the door opened and closed rather obnoxiously. She turned around to see Professor Snape striding towards the front of the classroom, closing the windows on his way until it was dark.

Once he had gotten to the front he pulled down the projector and stared to the class, "Turn to page 394." With a sigh and a roll of her eyes Cassiopeia opened her book and turned to the page, then looked to her left when she heard Harry start to speak, "Excuse me  sir, where's Professor Lupin?"

"That's not really your concern, is it Potter?"he replied, unimpressed. "Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394!"

"Werewolves?" Questioned Ron. "But sir," interjected Hermione, "we've just begun learning about red caps and hinky puffs?"

"She's right." Continued Cassiopeia, "we're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks, I think?"

"Quiet, both of you." Deadpanned Snape. "When did she come in?" Asked Ron, "Did you see her come in?"

"Now which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?" Asked Snape, causing Hermione's hand to shoot up. "No one." He continued, not even remotely paying attention to Hermione. "How disappointing."

"Please sir." Answered Hermione anyway, "An animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal, a werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

"Awhoooo" Draco joked from in front of Cassiopeia.

"Thank you Mr Malfoy." Snape deadpanned, "that is the second time you have spoken out of turn Miss Granger, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all. Five points from Gryffindor."

"That's complete bullshit." Cassiopeia snapped. "Excuse me Miss Black?" Inquired Snape, staring angrily at the girl who reminded him so much of one of the men he hated the most in the world, Sirius Black. "You heard me, you asked a question, she answered it." Cassiopeia stated bluntly, her piecing glare pointed directly at the man.