Chapter 4: I.M.P gets a new employee

It has been several hours since Alastor obliterated Sir Pentious's blimp and showed everyone else at the hotel why they should be afraid of him. When everyone else decided to go to bed, you informed Charlie that you were going to sweep the perimeter a few times to ensure that anyone who was against her didn't try to vandalize the hotel. Of course, she made you promise that you wouldn't stay up too late and get a standard eight hours of sleep.  You are shown asleep on the couch in the lobby as you have another nightmare.

In the dream, you are standing in a cemetery standing a few hundred feet away from a funeral being held for Jordan. A large crowd has gathered to honor who they thought was an innocent, well-intentioned cop who was murdered by his deranged ex-partner. An apparition of Jordan appears next to you and chuckles.

Jordan: Funny, isn't it? People think I'm still just an innocent victim of his vindictive ex-partner while people see you as even more of a criminal. 

Y/N: You act like I give a damn what people think.

Jordan: You clearly do. Why else would you have broken out of prison to kill me?

Y/N: (Sarcastically) Gee, I don't know. Maybe it's because you framed me for *your* crimes and gleefully let everyone believe I was a corrupt scumbag? 

Jordan: Fair enough. I sure am glad I destroyed any evidence leading back to me when I had the chance. Guilty or innocent, people love me. Does anybody love you, 'Bad Cop'?

Y/N: No. But I do work with the Princess of Hell now.

Jordan: Oh yeah. She's cute...that girlfriend of hers isn't bad looking either.

Y/N: Shut up.

Jordan: I'm a simple man with simple needs, Y/N. I can't help it if I wanna be topped by a sexy Blonde. Who's royalty, no less. Or take a Salvadorian Moth demon from behind.

You exhaled in annoyance but couldn't deny the truth, you did find Charlie and Vaggie to be quite good-looking.

Y/N: Hey, Jordan?

Jordan: Yeah?

Y/N: ...Go to horny jail.

You bonk him on the head, ending the dream. You sit up on the couch and crack your back from sleeping in an uncomfortable position. The clock in the hall alerted you that it was 4:30 AM.

Y/N: ...Damn.

Knowing that there was no chance of you going back to sleep, you walked over to the kitchen/dining room area to start preparing your breakfast. 

As you got started, you noticed that the hotel had a considerably larger amount of food options and cookware than what you're used to. You got to thinking; there were six other people staying in the hotel with you, the co-owners of said hotel were kind enough to let you stay rent free, and you had attended College to study Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management before you joined the Police.