o n e

I glanced around my dance studio before spinning and leaping across the floor. The way the light glistened into the room reminded me of how the moon shimmered into my window when I was creating my costume.

I had always been into sewing. Whether it be my costume for my solo dance for ballet or just clothes to wear out and about. This specific evening, I was sewing a costume to-long story.

I continued to twirl around and thought about how in the corner of my dance studio was where I first got bit.

There was a gorgeous spider in the corner of my dance room. I had never been one to like spiders but I thought I could bless this one a favor and let it find its way home instead of crushing it. I walked near the corner to put on my pointe shoes and it bit me. I mean, it didn't hurt it just- tingled. It was a nice sensation actually. I thought nothing of it and a few days later I had some muscle soreness but I assumed that was just because I had been dancing all day.

A few days later while I was dancing I was way more flexible and alert? I didn't understand it at first but I experimented. Well the best experiment a fourteen year old could do and I determined I did in fact have super powers. Because I don't believe a normal fourteen year old could possibly be that flexible even as a ballet dancer. Also I don't believe being nocturnal is normal occurrence .

I smiled at the thought. And the thought of Spider-man. I mean, we met about two years ago but I'd say we have become pretty close superhero pals.

"Shit!", I yelped as I fell from a building. Praying my life wouldn't be taken at the short life-span of fourteen and a half.

I was caught and carried to another rooftop. "Watch where you're going, miss?", the masked hero responded.

"Hey! Normally I'm good with this stuff..just lost my grip.", I replied.

"Masked Ballerina...", he added.

"And you're Spiderman...", I responded.

"I've seen you on the news a few times. I really like your mask.", I heard him say. I smiled fondly at his comment.

"Me too! I've seen you on the news too! But you don't sound too much like a man.", I giggled at my own comment.

He coughed and tried to deepen his voice, "Hey. I'm only fourteen..oh shit! I probably shouldn't have said that!". He looked down and fidgeted with his hands.

"No! No! It's fine! I'm fourteen also!", I burst out. I didn't want him to feel bad.

"Oh..cool.", he responds, smiling.

"Wait. Were you bitten by a spider?", I asked, curious if the same thing happened to him as it did me.

"Yep! How did you get your powers?", he asked.

"Spider.", I replied quickly.

"What powers do you have?", he asked another question.

"More stamina, more agility, more flexibility, and I'm a little bit stronger but nothing too crazy. Oh and I have a precognizant along with faster healing capabilities. How about you?", I asked.

"Super strength, heightened senses, a spider-sense as I call it, faster reflexes, and wall crawling.", he answered.

"I should get going but buddies?", I asked and held out my pinky.

"Buddies.", he replies as he interlocks his pinky with mine.

I continued dancing around my room reminiscing how far I've come in the last two years. My suit looks much better.

I sewed and sewed until I finally got a black tank top and pants sewn. I mean it wasn't the best but I think I did okay. If I figured out my powers correctly I should be able to go around in this without hurting myself. Plus I have like super-speedy healing. And the material is stretchy so I can fight bad guys! I doubt I'd do that though. And the mask. My favorite part, every super hero needs a mask. And I happen to be obsessed with masquerade balls. So I've got myself the most dazzling masquerade mask there is.

I also remember the endless compliments Spider-man gave me on my mask.

I should probably catch up with spider-man tonight. I have a dance recital this Friday though. I mean, boys are important. I'm 16 and haven't had my first boyfriend. Oh yeah, and watching over the civilians of New York. Yeah, I'll go with saving the world..and a boy.