"I owe you big time." Xia said, smiling at Yangyang. "You saved me from a big scolding."

"Ey, it was nothing." Yangyang said with a shrug, giving her a light nudge. "But if you're giving me the credit, I'll take it."

Xia chuckled at his joke before letting out a deep sigh. "Tonight was nice. It was a good distraction from my fight with Xiaojun."

Xia noticed Yangyang's smile fade from his face as he met her eyes. Is something wrong?

"Hey, I don't know Xiaojun, but if he's a good friend, I'm sure everything will work out." Yangyang reassured her. "Things just take time, but if you ever need someone to talk to, let me know."

Xia wasn't really sure how he did it, but somehow that made her feel so much better.

"Thanks Yangyang. That means a lot."

Xia heard Yangyang's phone buzz in his pocket and the male took it out, giving it a glance before returning it.

"Ten's rushing, so let's talk some other time. Bye Xia, it was nice meeting you!" Yangyang said, waving as he began walking away.

"Bye Yangyang." Xia said, poking her head into the hallway as she she waved back at the male rushing towards the elevators.

...

"I thought you didn't know her." Ten said as Yangyang returned to the passenger seat.

"I didn't, I met her today." Yangyang told him. "At the school. Not at the street market, I just bumped into her there and since you two ditched me, we decided to share dishes."

"Wow, look at that." Ten sighed, batting his eyelashes before turning to glance at Yangyang. "Fate."

"Ew, stop it." Yangyang responded, his face contorting in disgust. "Get those thoughts out of your head."

"I'm just joking around, relax." Ten said but judging by the smile on his face, Yangyang could tell he was still thinking about it.

"How did you know where Xia lived though?" Yangyang asked, peering out the window as Ten drove. He wanted to change the topic as soon as possible.

"Oh, Kun and I have history." Ten told him. Yangyang turned back to glance at his friend and judging by the fact that the smile was no longer on his face, it was clear that this was not something Ten wanted to talk about either.

"I see." Yangyang said, thinking about what else they could chat about as they made their way to the country roads. "What about that police schedule?"

"Ah, I'm still waiting on that." Ten sighed, but seemed to like this topic better. "But that just means more practice for you until then."

"Right." Yangyang wasn't against the idea of him practicing with the others, racing Hendery was just as fun. At the same time though, the thrill wasn't exactly the same and it had been a while since his last one.

"Cheer up, baby. You'll be racing again soon, no need to pout about it." Ten said, making Yangyang narrow his eyes.

"Yah, I told you! I'm an adult, I'm not your baby!" Yangyang argued but like always, Ten waved his hand.

"You'll always be a baby to me." Ten said just as the building began to disappear, signalling that they were moving out to the country roads.

Not too far ahead, Hendery's car was stopped, Yangyang's roommate waiting for the two. Ten stopped beside him and Hendery rolled down his window as Yangyang and Ten got out to switch seats.

"What took so long? You drive so slow now." Hendery called out.

"I'm not ready to get arrested yet." Ten yelled back with a smirk as Yangyang got into the driver's seat.

"Whatever." Hendery said, rolling his eyes. "The usual?"

"Yup." Yangyang replied, smiling to himself as he adjusted the seat and mirrors for himself.

Ah, it's been a while.

Yangyang was happy to hear the sound of the engine as he pressed on the accelerator, making Hendery shoot him a look.

"Stop fooling around and focus." Ten directed, putting up three fingers for the two of them, slowing putting each one down.

The second the last one was down, Yangyang released the brake and sped down the road, Hendery alongside him the entire time.

———————————————————————————

When kun chose yangyang and the member he would introduce to his younger sister

WHICH ONE OF THE NEOS ARE READING THIS?!?!