4

As they were wrapping up rehearsals, Lindsey had put his guitar away and he was just staring at Stevie as she was talking to Karen. Stevie feeling eyes on her turned her head slightly and gave a shy smile to Lindsey. 

"Karen excuse me for a minute." Stevie places her hand on her arm and she made her way over to Lindsey. 

"What are you still doing here?" She asks.

"I wanted to ask you something." He sighs.

"Oh, what did you want to ask me?" She questions.

"If you'd like to go out to dinner with me." He shrugs.

"Oh, when." She questions.

"Let's see what time is it, 7, how about now." He smiles looking at his watch. 

"And what would the purpose of this dinner be?" She crosses her arms.

"Just to catch up." He gives a half shrug.

"Where?" She inquires.

"It's a surprise." Lindsey grins. 

***

When Stevie sees them pull into a Mexican restaurant she gasps and turns to him. "Mexican?" 

"Where else would I take YOU out to eat?" He chuckles getting out of the car and going around to her side to let her out. He places his hand on the small of her back as they make their way up to the front entrance of the closest Mexican Restaurant to where they were rehearsing. It was called Barragans. 

He holds the door open for her and Stevie finds herself in a happy space. A smile gracing her face. Lindsey was raised in the fifties so he was a gentleman and he even pulled her chair out for her when they were seated in the back corner of the resteraunt. 

"Can I start you out with anything?" Their waitress asks.

"Um, I'm driving so i'll just have a coke." Lindsey smiles.

"And for you ma'am."

"Oh um, a Raspberry Margarita and then a water please." She smiles.

"I'll have those right out for you, any appetizers tonight?" She questions.

"Ugh Queso please, we'll share it." Lindsey tells her.

"Alright, i'll be back soon." 

"So what's the point of this little dinner. Are you trying to butter me up for something?" Stevie asks crossing her arms.

"No, not at all...Like I said I just want to catch up...so what's life like for you?" Lindsey inquires.

"Oh, sober as a judge...save for the alcohol I'm about to ingest. I'm not even smoking anymore. I'm...I'm seeing clearly for the first time in a very long time." Stevie smiles.

"That's great Angel, I'm sober too, I do indulge in some form of Alcohol every night with my dinner, usually a beer occasionally a Jack and Coke. But I don't smoke, I don't do drugs. The only thing I do every once in a while is smoke some pot." He explains.

"Well, we all do that in Fleetwood Mac, mostly for creativity." Stevie giggles a little bit.

"Exactly Creativity." He smirks as the waitress comes back with their drink and their queso. 

"Do you guys know what you'd like yet?" She asks.

"Oh, Lindsey go first." Stevie demands. 

"Um, I'll do the Costillas de Puerco en Salsa Chipotle." Lindsey tries and fails at sounding out the food. 

"I'll just do the Chicken Burrito." Stevie smiles.

"Refried or Black Beans." 

"Black Beans." Stevie answers.

"Sour Cream and Salsa on the side?" 

"Yeah, please." Stevie nods handing her the menu. 

As soon a she's gone again, Stevie is the one that asks the questions this time. 

"Are you um, are you seeing anyone right now?" 

"No. I actually just got out of a relationship. Her name was Kristen Messner. It was a bad idea to begin with." He shakes his head.

"Oh why?" She asks.

"Well, she's twenty-two for starters. She was a journalist for Rolling Stone and she interviewed me. She kind of started stalking me in a way because she was just everywhere I ended up going so we started going out. Turns out she was going through a divorce and when the Divorce started to not go in her favor she decided she wanted to try and work it out with her husband. I swear she was probably just a money-sucking leach." Lindsey shrugs.

"She's young enough to be our child." Stevie states.

"I know that's why it was a bad idea." He smirks, "What about you?" 

"Oh, no. I'm not seeing anyone. I'm ready to start over you know." She sighs.

"No, I don't' know what do you mean?" He asks.

"I want to...well I don't really know either. I mean I don't want to get back on the road of drugs and excesses. I don't want to keep having affairs with men, I just want to...I just want to find someone and be happy." Stevie shrugs.

"You will." Lindsey smiles his hand grabbing hers across the table. He wanted to scream look at me, I'm right here, but he didn't he controlled himself.

***

After they had finished eating, the waitress came back and asked how many bills. Stevie started saying two but Lindsey cut her off and said one and then she just glared at him and huffed. When she returned with the check Stevie tried to give her Credit Card to the waitress but Lindsey grabbed it first and then handed her his credit card.

"I can pay for myself you know." She states holding her hand out for her credit card.

"I know, but I asked you so I'm the one that's paying." Lindsey states.

"Can I at least leave her tip?" Stevie asks.

"Ugh, no." He shakes his head pulling out his wallet and placing a twenty down on the table and Stevie just rolled her eyes. 

"So where can I drop you off?" Lindsey asks.

"I'm staying at the Chateau Marmont, where are you staying?" Stevie asks.

"My house. It's a forty-five-minute drive." He shrugs. 

"Yeah, but I live in Phoenix." Stevie states.

"You know you should really think about getting a condo or something here for when you're working. It would save you a lot of money." Lindsey sighs.

"I know, I have been. But I haven't really been working either." She shrugs. "Would you like to come up, I have wine in my room." 

"What kind of wine?" 

"Red." She smiles.

"Good, White is disgusting." He smirks and for the first time all night instead of a small smile she gives a giant beaming grin.