Chapter 10

Dream and Techno ended up destroying L'manburg anyways. Tommy didn't know if he was happy or disappointed. He felt happy because Ranboo and Tubbo deserved it but he felt hurt because he didn't want that.

Everything just spiraled down to Tommy coming to his senses and putting Dream in prison. Tommy seemed happy for himself because of how much Dream was cowering in fear. But Tommy seemed to forget Dream was a manipulative person.

Dream was pretending...He didn't feel sadness or regret...He didn't feel anything but he kept playing this mindless little game. He watched as everyone ripped into him, one by one. They were angry, which was understandable. Dream knew what he did was bad but he just didn't care.

His emotions. They aren't real. He never had one since he was a toddler.

Schlatt at the time was concerned for his little angel. He never smiled once or even was glad when coming home from school. He would give him toys and spend time with him, Dream would appreciate them and played with them nonstop but he never seen him crack a smile.

He let it go on for a while but broke hearing him come to him, saying something he never wanted.

"Dad, am I dysfunctional?"

Hearing that Schlatt finally decided to take Dream to the doctor. The doctors checked him, but he only had normal conditions but nothing seemed to trace to the non emotional behavior.

The Doctors said he was fine and he might grow out if it. Dream knew that this wouldn't be the case so he started to fake it. That seemed to ease his father's frustration.

He didn't want his younger brothers to worry, so he would act happy around Ranboo and Tubbo. He would try to keep them happy, even if he couldn't feel the emotions. Keeping his brothers happy was a goal for him.

This act seemed to work all the time but the moment Schlatt died, Dream actually felt something. He didn't know if it was sadness or anger. His brothers were in tears, but he wasn't...He envied his them. He wished he could feel the same.

Being in prison wasn't so bad. Sleeping was enjoyable for Dream, and he seemed to be obsessed with his clock for some odd reason. Bad seemed to find the obsession adorable.

Sam had to watch Dream for most of the day. Sometimes he sit with the man and just listen to him talk about random things.

He noticed that Dream didn't really do much to try and escape. It was kind of weird. Every time he went to the cell, he would be reading, writing, or sleeping.

Sam, after being around Dream for a while grew fascinated about him. He want to know more about this masked man. He tries to get some answers but Dream would only answer vaguely as if he was hiding something.

"Dream, why do you wear a mask?"

"That's...it's none of your business.."

"Come on, why do you hide so much?

"Giving you information will make me weak. Sam, I know I'm not a good person, but I'm not an idiot"

Sam was appalled at the tone. He didn't seemed to never act so monotone and unmotivated. Did he really break that quickly or is he just playing with him? Sam looked at him before reaching his hand out to touch the mask. Dream grabbed him.

"Quit it, I'm not afraid to injure you"

Sam gasped a bit. He thought for a moment.

"But I'm in full netherite, so I order you to take it off"

"No"

"Are you serious?"

"Does it look like I'm fucking joking"

"Well, I can't see your face, so how would I know?"

Dream sighed and stood up. Sam tackled him down onto the bed, trying to get the mask off. Dream wrestled with him, pushing him off. 

"Come on! It's only me here"

"Get off!"

"Come on, Dream!"

"Fine, get off!"

Sam crawled off him and sat properly on the bed. Dream untied his mask and pulled it off showing his face. Sam was slightly flustered, It wasn't what he expecting to see.

"You..."

"What"

"You're not even ugly"

"Shut up"

Sam got closer a bit to analyze his full face. He had a scar on his cheek but still had a pretty face. He had freckles sprinkled everywhere on his face. His hair fell perfectly on his face. Sam understood one of the reasons George liked Dream.

"Why do you hide your face? You look so good"

"Watch it. You have boyfriend, Sam"

"I'm just complimenting you! I'm not trying to date you"

"Yea"

Dream looked down at his hands, and fidgeted a bit. He seemed like he was nervous or uncomfortable but his face was blank. His eyes didn't even show it. Sam pinched Dream's arm. He watched as the man jolted and relax again, He wasn't even upset.

"Why didn't you react?"

"What do you mean?"

"I afflicted pain on your body and you didn't get mad or anything"

"That's nothing special"

"Dream, we both know that's a lie. Is there something that you want to say?"

"If I tell you, you'll just pity me"

Sam was determined to get more info out of Dream, not to use it against him, but to understand him more. He wanted to know Dream's motives and goals. He wanted to know why Dream was so inclined to hurt people. Dream always seemed to be cheerful and bubbly around people even Tommy. But why doesn't he act like that anymore, He had been scared when everyone confronted him but now he's just...blank..

"I won't, Dream. I just want to understand you"

"Why? It's not like it would do anything good"

"Well, maybe I can help you with whatever you are having problems with"

"Fine...I don't think it will help me though"

Dream was still staring at his hands. He squirmed a bit when Sam pulled him into a hug. He  finally calmed down when he couldn't get away. He rested his head on Sam's chest. 

"Why are you hugging me? I don't deserve it" 

"It just seemed that you haven't had a hug for a long time"

Sam smiled and swayed a bit, rocking Dream. Looking at the clock, Dream watched at it was getting close to the middle. He pointed at it, making Sam look up from him to the clock.

"Yea, it's almost the afternoon. So do you want to talk now?"

"I can't feel emotions"

"W...What?"

"I can't feel anything my body feels empty"

Sam looked at Dream with concern. Thoughts were franticly swarming around in his mind.

'Dream can't feel anything? Maybe he's lying..'

They sat there quietly before Dream go up and laid in his bed properly. Sam sighed, knowing Dream wouldn't say anything else.

He got up and tucked in the freckled man before leaving. Sam went to the security room and wrote down all the info he had gotten. He was somewhat proud that he at least got a little info.

"Tomorrow...Maybe he will trust me more..I should get him something but what?"