ᴛᴏ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ɢɪʀʟ

NO TIME TO DIE
to kill a mocking girl

              THE girls and I were walking through the woods just before school was about to start

THE girls and I were walking through the woods just before school was about to start. The people in Rosewood thought it would be a good idea to set up a memorial spot for Alison and our parents, more like Emily's mom, thought it would be appropriate that we did the planning since we knew Alison the best. Also, Ali's parent left town right after Alison's funeral, not wanting to be reminded of their lost child.

We all thought it would be best if we erect the memorial in the woods, where we all hung out at when Ali was still alive and when we were all still best friends.

"Who's idea was this again?" Hanna annoyedly asked us as we were walking all together.

"Emily's mom," I answered.

"The shed was me. My mom just said we should do something for us," Emily defends herself.

"Well, couldn't we done something without mosquitoes," Hanna complains.

"They're not mosquitoes, they're gnats," Aria corrects her.

"Whatever! They're small and annoying, and they are flying up my nose."

"Well, they're attracted to your perfume. And your hair product. And your lip gloss," Spencer points out to her.

"So what are you saying? I attract flies?"

"Like Aria said, they're gnats," I corrected her this time.

"Why do I feel like this is the wrong way?"

We all stopped as Emily was leading the direction, more like attempting to lead.

"No," Spencer shakes her head. "This is it. I remember that tree, it's the halfway point. It's 136 steps left to the shed." Spencer points up at a very large and tall tree that does not look familiar at all, at least to em.

"Have you been out here since..." Emily trails off.

"Me? No! No way," Spencer shakes her head.

"But you remember that tree?" Aria questions.

"You guys it's not that weird," Hanna speaks up. "I mean, we came out here in eighth grade like every day. Even after."

"I think this is totally the wrong place to do this," Spencer declares. "Whatever you call it. A shrine."

"It's not a shrine. It's a place to remember Alison. What's wrong with that?" Emily defends.