Chapter 29 - The Quidditch World Tournament

Start from the beginning

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone. We work together at the Ministry" Mr. Weasley said introducing the man. Everyone went smiling at him and walking by.

Amos Diggory? That's Cedric's dad. I thought to myself. I started searching around for him. He jumped down, from a tree above.

"Looking for me?" he asked smirking slightly. I ran to him and jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around him. He chuckled lightly, hugging me back and said, "I missed you too" and put me down.

"Ah, this strapping young lad must me Cedric, am I right?" Mr. Weasley asked and offered a hand to shake.

"Yes, sir" he said shaking his hands.

His dad then looked at me and said, "And this lovely young girl must be Olivia, isn't she?" Cedric nodded, blushing lightly.

"Yes, Cedric has told me all about you" Mr. Diggory said smiling. I blushed and shook his hand.

We headed towards a cliff and stood near a single boot. Cedric and I caught up on our summers and as usual, he had me laughing the whole way.

"Ok, safe tip, when we land, keep your feet moving, like you're walking" he said and I nodded. We formed a circle around the boot, which was a portkey. We grabbed onto the boot and reached our destination. Everyone fell on the ground, while Mr. Diggory, Mr. Weasley, Cedric and I landed on our feet. "A little tip would've been nice, Liv" George said standing up and groaning.

We went and saw the beautiful scenery, thousands of tents, with tens and thousands of people walking around and enjoying themselves.

"Well, kids, welcome to The Quidditch World Cup!" Mr. Weasley shouted. We reached our tent, which was different from Cedric's. We kissed each other on the cheeks and I said, "See you at the match, Mr. Diggory" "See you later, Cedric" the twins said and we parted our ways.

Mr. Weasley pointed at a small tent and I saw Harry looking at it like how are 8 people supposed to fit in that? We went in a small tent, that was actually bigger on the inside. 

"I love magic" I heard Harry say.

The twins and I were sitting on the dining table, when Fred said, "So, Diggory, huh?" bouncing his eyebrows, up and down. 

"I don't know, I mean he definitely likes me, he didn't clearly tell me that, but I mean I can see. And he's a good guy-" George cut me off and said, "Yeah, better than Malfoy" I looked at him with wide eyes. 

"What?" he said. "We know everything, love" Fred said kissing my cheeks. "Ok, then just keep it to yourself" I said as we got ready for the match tonight.

After a couple of hours, we went to the stadium, well Cedric and I went a little early, it was on the topmost level, I was dreading to look down, because I was scared of heights, but Cedric kept talking to me, so I was distracted.

Hermione's POV

Olivia and Cedric, were already in our seats. We were walking up the stands, when Ronald asked his father, "Blimey, Dad. How far up are we?" and then Lucius Malfoy came with Draco and said, "Well, let's put it this way – If it rains, you'll be the first to know" What a buzzkill!

Draco started to gloat, "Father and I are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself" I rolled my eyes at him and was about to turn when Draco called me.

"Granger?" Granger? Wow, I said to myself, he must have something important to say to me, because he was talking to me in front of his father and not calling me a 'mudblood'

I turned around and asked, "What, Malfoy?", clearly irritated.

"Where's Middleton?" he asked looking around us, to see if he could locate her. I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "Why do you care?" Before he could answer his father pulled him and they went to their 'designated' seats.