twenty four

Depuis le début

The both of us got up and (Y/n) showed me the guest room. I grabbed what Celestia told me about and set up my bed area, even though I have a feeling I'm not going to spend any one of the nights here sleeping on the floor, but in fact sleeping with (Y/n). She would feel bad about me sleeping on the floor or maybe it would be for her own comfort. I don't mind it, but I don't think it would be good for either of us. It wouldn't help my crush on her at all, either.

On the plane earlier, when she fell asleep on my shoulder after playing on my phone, I felt so much comfort in having her near me, so I put my arm around her shoulder. She shivered a little, maybe because she could feel how warm I was compared to the plane's inside temperature, or possibly could've been her releasing nervousness. Either way, I comforted her, slightly rubbing my thumb over her arm where my hand was resting. She would've pushed me away if she didn't like it.

Then in the uber ride, she impulsively laid her head on my shoulder, which made me heat up in the cheeks a bit. She pulled off moments later, making my body ache to feel her comforting warmth again. As much as I wanted to grab her hand, pull her head back onto my shoulder, I knew it wasn't right of me to do so. Especially when she's here for her parents and she's very vulnerable right now. I do not want to take advantage of her. I would not want that because that would be very damaging to her and our friendship. Or soon to be "relationship". I had a hunch, okay?

"I'm worried that I'm gonna receive bad news, like maybe they traveled away for the days that I'm here?" She popped up into the doorway, after visiting the restroom. "Or that they moved out of the house." Or something worse.. I can already see it.

"I don't think so, in all honesty. The way you described them, shows that they don't have a lot of money to do moving and traveling." I said, puffing up the pillow, the one I'll be using tonight.

"Yeah, you're right." She paused, coming inside and sitting on the corner of the bed. "What am I saying? They would get caught even being drugged up. They wouldn't be visiting somewhere else." Looking over to me, on the floor, she patted the seat next to her. I get up and sit down, waiting for her to talk, but all she does is take my hand and trace the lines on my palm and fingers. I feel a tingle rush through my body. It felt numb, but in a good way.

This is calming and nice.

"Are you stressed about this?" She asked, calmly and quietly, trying to make sure that Celestia doesn't pick up our conversation. I sit for a second. I'm not, but she seems to be, since she's been more physical this entire trip.

"Not particularly being here. Maybe with whatever news you receive and the initial meet up with your parents, but other than that, I don't think so. Well, I mean, I don't feel stressed or anxious." I said, letting (Y/n) play with my fingers.

"Good." A sigh escaped her lips. Those beautiful lips of hers that I yearn for the day to kiss. A kiss so lovingly and tenderly without a care in the world. One that would make all her worries disappear. "I would hate it if you were stressed." She whispered, almost so quiet that I could barely hear her.

I don't say anything. I let it be. I allowed us to sit in silence. She eventually laid her head on my shoulder, just like in the car, but a lot longer. She does this all the while playing with my hands and fingers. It's a very calm and quiet atmosphere. I feel like I'm floating. I feel like I'm on cloud 9.

"I hope my parents are alright, to be honest.." She whispered, closing her eyes. "I know I hated them all my life and they were shitty, but.. There's something about this that feels different. It would be nice to get what I want off my chest so I can finally live the way I've always wanted." She said something after that, but I couldn't hear her. Her breathing slowed. It was so calm and peaceful. Her breath was so nice against my arm, right below where her head is. She was still holding my hand, so lightly and carefully. Her touch is so soft, like a baby's skin. I smiled and take this in.

I really wished she knew how much I love her. Her touch, her smile, her eyes and hair. The way she gets so excited talking about her passions. When she used to get so genuinely happy about her working at the bakery. I loved that. I loved every bit about her. Her favorite food, favorite color, the way she sleeps at night.

I want her to know one day how much I love and care about her.

+++

I was waiting in the room, the two in the kitchen cleaning up the dinner we ate prior, scrolling through my phone and interacting with youtubers and the boys on the timeline. Sapnap and George were tweeting about dreamnotfound and sapwastaken being rivals. I only laughed it off, only for the room to grow uncomfortably quiet again. It was a weird feeling, sitting alone in such a tense atmosphere. It isn't what I felt earlier with (Y/n) here asleep on me. I feel much more stressed out now. I locked my phone and waited, laying down on the bed, waiting for her to get back.

I looked at discord to see George and Sapnap in a call together. I joined it and luckily, they were not in the middle of a conversation. In fact, it was absolutely dead silent.

"Hey hey Dream." Sapnap's smile could be heard. He laughed a little. "How's your trip up north going?"

"Boring. I'm waiting for (Y/n) to get back. She and the person we're staying with are talking. I don't know about what, but it's been 30 minutes." I complained, reaching my hands to my face and through my hair. "I feel so anxious for no reason. The room is making me anxious."

"Maybe something they're talking about isn't good?" Sapnap said, which makes me rethink everything.

"Shit-" George mumbled. "Sorry, gotta go. I forgot I promised Quackity something with a video."

"Yeah whatever, have fun." Sapnap said. I said bye, but he left before I finished.

"I really don't want to think about that Sapnap."

Tears dried up on her cheeks, (Y/n) standing at the doorway completely and utterly numb looking.

"Oh shit. I'll talk to you later Sapnap." I left the call before he could say anything.

"(Y/n)?" I sat up in the bed, waiting for her to say something, but she didn't. She just closed the door and went to her side of the bed. Instead of ignoring me, like I thought she was doing, she reaches out for me and snuggles into my side. Her arms wrap around and her face dampens my shirt. My arm instinctively lays on her back. She mumbles something, which I could barely make out. My entire body stiffened and the sobbing of (Y/n) just gets louder by the passing time.

"My parents are dead."