At that moment Makoto decided he most definitely preferred dealing with Gaara over Naruto. Yet another child spoke up. "Let me guess. Naruto cannonballed into the pool again."

This time, Makoto saw a rather chubby boy munching on snacks he definitely shouldn't have by the pool, not to mention the club rules regarding such snacks. Makoto wasn't sure how to handle the situation. Another boy stood next to the first, his arms pulled behind his head while his hair was pulled up into a black ponytail. "What a drag. I don't know why my parents make me even come. It's such a waste of energy, particularly when Naruto is involved."

Makoto turned his attention back to the boy standing there "So, I'd appreciate it if you make sure you finish your snack before getting in the pool, or in the future save it for right after swim club. A good snack after all is actually a good way to replenish one's energy after a good swim."

"Do you think food tastes better after swimming?"

"I'm not really thought about that, but I have a friend I think might say so. It's really something I think you should decide for yourself."

"Okay. I will hold off next time."

It was then that a dog came into the pool yapping Makoto signed. "No pets in the pool."

"It's not as if Naruto doesn't already pee in the pool."

Makoto found himself glaring at the child in question. "Really?"

"I go because I really have to go."

"You can at least take the time and get out of the pool and go to..." Makoto realized the child next to the one with the dog was wearing regular clothes including a hood, completely distracting him. "That's not appropriate swimwear for the pool."

"I don't swim."

"Then you can join Gaara on the bench, but your friend's dog can go with you." Makoto took a deep breath, attempting to count the number of students who were there at the club. "Is that everyone?"

"Sasuke's not here? Sakura said at the same time as the girl with the blond hair.

"Sasuke..." Makoto felt a tap on his shoulder and turned, surprised to see the person in question there. "Haru? What are you doing here?"

"Cousin."

"Um..." Makoto frowned. "Where's your cousin?"

"Hiding?"

He noticed how Haru's tone of voice indicated he was questioning his answer, but those he was supposed to be teaching were eyeballing Haru as if he were some kind of strange alien. Everyone except Gaara's siblings. "Why?"

"Don't know."

"So your babysitting?"

"No. Bonding. Oba-chan insisted."

"I've not met her." Which, of course, he hadn't.

"Mother's idea."

"Her sister?"

"Yes."

"So your cousin just so happens to be one of the students at the swim club I now teach at?"

"Yes."

"Didn't think to tell me?"

"Didn't know."

A thought crossed Makoto's voice, his eyes watching Naruto and the boy with the dog speaking, almost as if they were conniving something, but when he looked at them they looked at him as if they'd been caught in the act. "Say. Your cousin wouldn't happen to be the one student I'm apparently missing?"