Chapter 35: Catch

Mulai dari awal

"I don't need a wand to fight you, dear," Amora spat. The Inquisitorial Squad roared what Amora assumed to be a battle cry as they rushed to their fallen leader, wands drawn. She dove over to Cedric, ready to protect him from any attackers.

Suddenly, a door on the other side of the room was blown open. No like...it actually exploded.

"Heard you all needed some help," Seamus Finnigan chuckled as him and Dean stepped out from the shadowy secret passage. They weren't alone, as Amora felt relieved when the rest of Dumbledore's Army came out. Harry emerged from the front, and he nodded over to Amora. Amora smiled back, greatful for his help. What happened next was absolute chaos.

Considering the dungeons had been abandoned for a very long time, the seemingly dark and gloomy prison was suddenly lit up with spells being cast. Dumbledore's Army and the Inquisitorial Squad clashed, shooting spells at each other. Amora narrowly missed getting accidentally Stupefied by Ron, who apologized profusely before he remembered they were in the middle of a battle. Amora quickly wrapped her hands around Cedric's face who still seemed to be asleep.

"Dingus? Hey, I need you to wake up..." Amora murmured quietly as the world around them erupted into chaos. She didn't care. As long as there was him, they were in their own world for the time being.

"Oi! We can help you carry him back!" Fred shouted as he jelly leg jinxed a Ravenclaw. George and Fred ran over and hauled Cedric to his feet, carrying him out of the room. Amora felt pressure finally be lifted off of her chest with the knowledge of his safety, and turned her attention to the battle.

"They're all out! Fall back!" Ginny shouted. What happened next was amazing, and Amora was quite proud. Instead of all retreating to the secret passageway, Dumbledore's Army covered each other, taking turns defending the rest. They fell into a beautiful rhythm as students slowly trickled away from the fight. Soon, it was just Amora, Luna, and Harry at the doorway.

"Go!" Amora shouted, but Harry and Luna wouldn't move.

"We're leaving no one behind," Harry told her, hexing an approaching Slytherin.

"Let's all leave together, then," Luna suggested. Together, they turned on their heels and sprinted away, spells narrowly missing them, instead whizzing over their heads.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

In the Hufflepuff Common Room, Ned, Aaron, Rey, Belle, Hazel, Amora, and Cedric were all laying around the fire as it crackled softly in the glow. Cedric was fast asleep on the couch, but Amora knew that he needed the rest. Instead, she looked over to Ned and Aaron.

"What happened to him?" Amora asked quietly. She didn't want to know, but she needed to know.

"Mores, I don't want to upset you," Aaron muttered quietly. Ned also averted her gaze, suddenly finding his shoes very interesting. Hazel had also fallen asleep on a small beanbag, while Rey quietly mixed more Wiggenweld Potion. Her potions had become quite popular, but for all the wrong reasons. Once Umbridge began giving out more detentions, more students would come to Rey for more healing potions. She was up to her neck with orders.

"Aaron, one of the only things you know how to do is upset people," Belle yawned. Aaron pursed his lips before glancing over to Ned, who nodded his head solemnly.

"Roger...used the Cruciatus Curse," Aaron explained. Amora stood up and sprinted to the door, but a pair of arms caught her around the door.

"I'll punch his face in! I'll do it!" Amora screamed as Ned tried to pull her back. It took Ned and Aaron together to haul her back to the sofas. Rey wrapped her arms around Amora as she shushed her quietly. Nothing could calm her down as her heart hammered against her chest with pure rage. She was livid.