reunited

A/N: I've been obsessed with Captain America lately. I bet you can't tell. So I decided to write this. Vote if you like it! :)))

•••

Steve's POV

It's been over 5 years since he's been gone. But I still think of him. Everyday. I can't help it. It's an understatement to say I liked him. I loved him. He was my best friend. My partner. And almost my boyfriend.

But that's when he disappeared. I had went to just give him a visit and he wasn't there. His cell phone and wallet were both there and there was no evidence of him anywhere. Of course, I called the police and even had a few of my friends come by to see if they could find out anything. None of his neighbors knew anything and I was miserable.

His name was Bucky. To me at least. James Buchanan Barnes. My partner in crime since diapers. But now he was gone.

-

Today I was going on a trip with my friend Natasha. She had suggested I get out of the house for a while and stop moping around for a chance.

I grabbed my small duffel bag and swung it over my shoulder before putting on a baseball cap and heading out the door. Natasha was waiting outside in her black convertible with her phone and bags in the back seat. She looked up and smiled.

"Hey, soldier. Ready to go?" She asked. I shrugged and threw my bag in the back before hopping in the passenger seat.

She started up the car and away we went. The wind whipped at her hair and I had to hold my hat on with my hand. She turned the radio on high and laughed when I shook my head. I reached back and unzipped the outside pocket of my bag and grabbed my duffel bag. Bad mistake. My hat got caught by the wind and flew back into street.

I groaned. "Pull over. I lost my hat." She nodded and pulled over near a flower shop and I got out. I held my hand over my eyes to shield them from the sun, trying to spot where it would've gone. I saw it laying in the road near a pizza shop a little ways down. I told Natasha that I wouldn't be long and walked towards my hat.

A guy from across the street must've saw my hat too. He made his way towards it and picked it up. I frowned.

"Hey! Hey, that's my hat!" I shouted. He looked up. He had long hair and sunglasses. He was wearing a navy blue jacket with black jeans. I noticed his left hand looked metal, which caused me to raise a brow. I've never seen someone with a metal hand.

As I neared him, he looked a little shocked. I couldn't see his eyes though. He had a tiny bit of facial hair around his chin and his nose looked very familiar. But no, that's ridiculous. I was probably just seeing things.

"I, uh, think you dropped this." He said, handing me my hat. I gasped. I knew that voice.

"...Bucky?" I questioned. His mouth opened a bit and shook his head.

"W-who the hell is Bucky?" He stuttered. His hand started to shake and he dropped the hat. He didn't run or anything, just stood and shook.

I reached up and slowly removed his sunglasses. He didn't flinch. He held his eyes shut and my breath hitched. My hand brushed over his cheek and I whispered, "Its okay. Open your eyes."

He opened his eyes slowly and looked straight at me. Soon tears started to form and started streaming down his face. He pulled me into a hug and gripped me like I would disappear in a second.

"I'm so so so sorry, Steve. I just- I don't even know anymore. I'm sorry. You'll never forgive me. I deserve to die. You probably hate me." He rambled. I hugged back, trying to calm him down.

"Buck, I would never hate you. I love you. You know that." I said, pulling away and lifting up his chin. He sniffed and nodded.

He lifted his hands to my face and pulled me toward him. He connected his lips with mine for a slow, short, loving kiss, before cutting it off and leaning his forehead against mine.

I chuckled. "So... Metal hand, huh?"

He smiled and nodded. He took off his jacket and my eyes widened. Not only was it a metal hand, but a whole arm!

"Hey Steve! You coming or- oh my god." I heard Natasha gasp. I looked over and she covered her mouth. Bucky raised an eyebrow at me and I shook my head. I knew what he was thinking.

"This is my friend Natasha. We work together." I reassured him. He shrugged and Natasha almost fainted.

"I thought- but you're. Wait. What?" She looked absolutely puzzled. She scratched her head and looked away.

I laughed and put an arm around my long lost best friend. I planted a kiss on his temple and grinned when he blushed.

"By the way, I like your hair this way." I said and twirled a finger in his bangs.

Natasha invited him to go with us on our trip, and he agreed. We stopped by his apartment and got some of his stuff, before adding his bag with ours. Natasha called our hotel and told them that we would need two rooms instead of one. She said that after all this time, we'd want to "catch up" on stuff. Bucky didn't get it at first, but when he did, he was a blushing mess. I put my bag in the front seat beside Natasha so me and Buck could sit together in the back.

He entangled his fingers with mine and we sat quite close. We cuddled for the whole ride, whispering to each other about old times and I filled him in with what happened while he was gone.

When we got to the hotel, we may or may not have had a make out session on the bed. I had missed him more than anything. My Bucky was finally back.

"Oh god, have I missed you." He muttered. I tangled my fingers in his hair and pulled him down for another kiss.

Maybe life wouldn't be so bad after all.