t h i r t y f o u r

Bokuto steps in and his smile is as wide as I remember it. Akaashi is behind him with his arms folded.

"This just got a whole lot more interesting." Iwa laughs devilishly.

"Is there a party in here?" Bokuto asks walking in.

"No," Oikawa and Ushijima both say.

"What are you doing here?" I walk up to him and hit his arm. "And why haven't you been answering your phone?!"

"Funny story-" He holds a finger up.

"It's not that funny." Akaashi says dryly. He gives me a small wave and I wave back. "He lost his phone."

"Hey! You took my story and made it boring!" Bokuto complains. "And I didn't lose my phone! It ran away!"

"That happens to me a lot." Tendou comments.

Bokuto nudges Akaashi. "See, it happens to other people too."

"He's been bugging me to come see you since we got back from camp." Akaashi adds, ignoring Bokuto's comment.

"That's so sweet!" My mother swoons. "I'm Y/N's sister."

"I didn't know she had a sister!" Bokuto exclaims jumping to my mom and giving her a handshake.

"She's kidding. That's my mom." I tell him with an eye roll.

"Hey! You got me!" Bokuto laughs and my mother laughs with him.

"I like this one." She nods enthusiastically.

Bokuto beams at her compliment and then turns to me. "You look amazing! Where are we going?!"

"Apparently they have a date." Oikawa says matter of factly.

"Who does?" Bokuto asks.

Oikawa motions between Ushijima and me. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and die. This is so embarrassing.

"Well, what a surprising turn of events!" Bokuto exclaims, but I can hear his tone deflating.

Before I can say anything, we all hear a knock at the door.

"Seriously Y/N? Another one?" My dad shakes his head and I narrow my eyes.

"There's no more!" I count in my head once more just in case. "Yeah, there's no more."

My dad opens the door and sighs. "Join the party."

"What party?" I hear the person ask. My dad opens the door wider and Sara walks in. Akaashi blushes immediately.

"Woah," She says taking in the scene. "I just came to drop off these popsicles my mom made."

She nudges the popsicles to my mom and my mom squeals.

"Tell her we appreciate it!" She walks off to the kitchen with the popsicles in hand.

"I'm gonna... be anywhere but here." My dad scratches his head and walks off to my mom.

Sara stands awkwardly. "I didn't know you were coming." She looks to Akaashi who is still blushing wildly.

"Spur of the moment decision." He shrugs. "You look good."

Iwa scoffs and Tendou narrows his eyes on Akaashi.

"I look good?" Sara looks to me. "You look good. What's going on?"

Leave it to Sara to stick her nose in places where it doesn't belong. Although, I am thankful she's here. I feel less awkward.

"I'll catch you up," Tendou says placing a loose arm around Sara. Iwa shifts and rolls his eyes. "Ushijima and I arrived and we saw Oikawa and this dude-"

"My name is Iwaiziumi!" Iwa yells.

Tendou waves him off. "Whatever-"

"Don't 'whatever' me! Idea guy!" Iwa goes to hit him but Oikawa grab his arm.

Tendou ignores them. "Then Bokuto and wannabe Wakatoshi came next-"

"It's Akaashi." Akaashi says dryly.

Tendou rolls his eyes. "Anyway, they all found out that Ushijima and Y/N have a date."

"A real date?" She asks.

"A real date." Tendou confirms. "And now you're all caught up."

I rub my forehead. This is too much. Sara glances to me and she does what she always does. Tries to fix things.

"Well since we're all here, I think we should do something together. Maybe watch a movie? Go to eat?"

"I mean it's an idea." Iwa shrugs.

"It's a good idea." Akaashi adds.

"It's a great idea!" Tendou challenges.

I turn to Ushijima and whisper, "Are you okay with that?"

He leans down and whispers in my ear the same way he did last time. "I'm okay with being with you."

My cheeks flame and I nod. When I look back Bokuto and Oikawa are eyeing us.

I'm going to die.