Chapter 28 - The Intruder

Začít od začátku

I mounted my broom again and went to check upstairs, I couldn't see her there either. Then I went to check the bar she was working, since it was after closing time, the bar was shut.

Then I remembered the phone number she gave me. I went into the city and called her from a telephone booth. No answer. I called again, no answer. I followed all the measures she gave me for emergencies.

Ok, now this was definitely worrisome. I didn't know where Granger lived in the city, so I couldn't tell her that something was off. And where have her friends been? Didn't they check on her? The slippers have been in the same place for two days. I rode back to her place and broke into the house.

I checked her living room, then the kitchen, then her backyard. The back door was broken into. I ran upstairs to her room; she wasn't there either. The guestroom, no sign of her there too. I checked every corner of the house. I was getting worried. I went back downstairs to check if she left Grangers number somewhere, so I could call her. I turned the house upside down but couldn't find the damn number.

"Fuck!" I screamed and then I heard a muffled scream. I could recognize that voice anywhere. It was her. I tried to follow the scream, but it went dead silent. 

Darling, please make some noise, so that I could find you.

It was like she could hear me. I heard another scream, full scream, before it was muffled again.

A door leading to her basement. It was locked, I opened it with a spell, to see Olivia on the ground, completely naked, her hands and legs tied and a guy above her, raping her. She tried to scream, but his hand met her face. Her face was covered with bruises, her body too. It hurt me to see her like this. I was stuck for a moment. My whole body filled with rage, my blood boiling, my jaw tightened and fists clenched. And then, that guy noticed me. He quickly got off her and marched towards me.

I quickly drew my wand and cast the spell, "Stupefy!" and he went flying across the room, crashing into a wall. "Levicorpus" and I hanged him upside down.

I ran to Olivia, she was unconscious, I took my jacket off and placed it on her. And took her in my arms and went upstairs to her room. She was not waking up. I went to the bathroom and checked her medicine cabinet, luckily, she is smart, she had the medicines labelled for better understanding. I took the wound cleaner and went outside. I took the coat off of her and cleaned her wounds. I placed an ice bag on her bruises. I changed her into her sweats and covered her with her bedsheets.

She was burning up, so I placed a cold, salty, wet cloth over her forehead and let her rest. I pulled a chair beside her bed and held her hand and watched her sleep. She looked skinny; he might've been not feeding her. Her eyes, didn't have that spark anymore, her dark circles were more prominent. I was so angry but I didn't leave her, I stayed beside her and eventually fell asleep.

I was woken up in the middle of the night by splashing water and sobbing. I woke up and didn't see Olivia on her bed, she was in the bathroom. I ran to the bathroom as she was sobbing. I saw her sit in the bathtub without her clothes on and hot, very hot water running through the shower. She was pouring it on herself, it was burning her I could see, she was pouring the water and rubbing herself wherever she saw bruises, wherever he had touched her.

She hadn't noticed me, I went beside her and sat down, not caring if I got wet. I took the container that she used to pour water on herself off of her hands, the water was so hot that I burned my fingertips. She had a good grip on the container.

"Darling, let it go! It's too hot, you're burning yourself, please just let it go" I cried, I could not see her like that. She finally let go of the container and hugged her knees and started crying. I sat next to her; she didn't stop crying for hours.