Day 13

"Peter?" Whispered Natasha.

I nodded and broke the cables binding me.

"But... how... why... what?" She added in shock

"I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't mean for you guys to find out like this. I was going to tell you in a couple days. I just wanted two more days to be Spider-Man before I told you and broke your trust."

She pulled me in a hug.

"It's ok Peter-"

"No it's not." Interrupted Mr. Stark.

We all looked at him.

He is the only one who seemed pissed off by the idea of me being Spider-Man.

"Do you realize what you have done? You have put yourself in danger multiple times! We have hurt you! Multiple times! Those stab wounds and dislocated noses weren't from muggings, they were from us!"

Everyone looked down with guilt and shame.

"Being a hero is too dangerous for you. I forbid you from being Spider-Man any longer."

I stood up.

"You can't do that!"

"I just did. FRIDAY, initiate protocol spider chip."

My spidey sense warned me of something coming at me but I reacted too slowly.

Something shot into my neck and I felt it wedge it's way under my skin.

"Tony. WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO."I yelled at him.

"I just disabled your powers. No more Spider-Man, no more danger. And since your homeless, you can stay here. it now makes sure that you stay inside the building."

I stared at him.

"You can't do this. You have no right."

"Yeah well too late. I just did. No one else was going to take action. So I had t-"

"You didn't HAVE to do anything! You don't get to tell me what to do because you aren't my dad! I want nothing to do with you! Now GET THIS FUCKING PIECE OF METAL OUT OF MY NECK."

He shook his head.

"This is what it best for you. Even if no one else sees it."

I walked calmly out of the room and walked up to the roof.

I knew that he would have a problem with it, but I never expected him to take my powers.

I guess I was right.

I couldn't trust him from the beginning.

I stood up there, on the roof for hours.

Eventually, while I was on the roof, someone came up behind me.

Without my spidey senses I could only tell that they were there once they put their hand on my shoulder and sat down next to me.

"Peter... Peter I'm so sorry. I didn't think he would do that."

"It's fine ma'am. I don't think anyone did."

We sat there in silence, watching the horizon with oranges and golds and pinks.

It was beautiful.

"Peter...recently, you've called everyone Ma'am or sir. Can I ask why?" She asked softly. After a second I responded.

"You...do you remember when I went back to the other house? The one with the brothers?"

She nodded.

"The parents there...demanded respect." I sighed "addressing adults as sir and ma'am was one of their requirements. There was always a punishment in case I forgot. Not..." I shakily sighed again, tears in my eyes as I continued "not all my bruises and black eyes and...and dislocated noses were from my brothers and flash."