**Chapter 12: A Lost Hope

In honor of all the love on my "Author's Note", here is the new Chapter!

Author's NOTE: Before you begin reading, please keep in mind that from here on out, there are going to be scenes from Season 3.

**THIS CHAPTER HAS A SEASON 3 SCENE IN IT.**

It isn't incredibly revealing as this is Zelena's first day back to school so she hasn't been fully caught up on all the going ons, but she will in the next chapter. (I will put a warning on the next Chapter and any chapters with Season 3 spoilers/scenes. " **Chapter " will be a part of the signal for it too.) As always, thank you for your comments and support on this story. I LOVE YOU ALL!! Enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12:

Zelena's POV

The bell bellows and a flash of color builds into a vivid memory placing me in the hallways outside the door when it was rampant with angry, vengeful teenagers acting upon their angstiest desires. Ghost chants echo in my ears and even when I avert my eyes to the wall instead of the paper on the desk before me, all I see are Miguel and Robby swinging at one another. "Miss Bloom." Counselor Blatt's voice interrupts my mind's reminiscent trick and erases all traces of the flashback- at least momentarily. Her eyes lower to me, her body attempting to physically lower itself by settling onto the edge of the desk across from me. "Miss Bloom, I know it can be a lot to handle returning after being gone for so long." Her words trail off into the space between us.

I fill in the blanks for her. "Especially in my condition after what happened here." Her head bobs up and down slowly, eying me for a swing of reaction. The flashes haunt me momentarily once more, but I swing my head to the side and swallow harshly to erase the lump rising in my throat. "I can handle it, Miss Blatt. If I can't, I'll advise a teacher or some sort of faculty." A knock at the door followed by a soft click interrupts our half-hearted eye contact.

Mr. Slagle, head of the History department and my newly appointed U.S. History teacher, ambles in with a sheepish half-smile tugging on the corners of his lips. He bows his head and the darker part of me internally scoffs at his indecision of whether or not to lock eyes with me or allow them to fall on me to be 'polite' of my 'condition'. I tug my backpack up from the floor and set it onto my lap, ignoring the adults staring at me with words stuck on their tongues. My fingers wrap around the wheels on either side of me, propelling myself forward with their power and my own to get the hell out of the room filling quickly with tension.

Outside the teal doors, all power from the aggravation burns out and the wheels stop turning. My arms fold into my lap and a shaky breath escapes my lips to ease the pounding in my chest. Chatter drifts into the hallway and brings the softest smile onto my face. I finally have some sense of normalcy in this otherwise, crazy world I've built around myself. What are they going to whisper about you once you enter the cafeteria? My nails dig into the skin of my palms the longer I allow my dark inner voice to continue speaking. None of them are going to be able to look you in the eye. It's been two months. They've moved on with their lives while you've been stuck in a wheelchair, stuck relearning how to- a hiss of breath escapes my lips at the intensifying stinging sensation stabbing into palm's bone.

Though they had fluttered shut during my small meltdown, my eyes snap open. Determination to do this- to own my temporary physical limitation and the changed person I've become- tightly grasps the reigns of my nervous system and gifts the surge of power down my arms. Energized and empowered more than they have been the last few weeks since my re-awakening, both apendages seize hold of each wheel enclosing me and begin to push down on them. I manuver around the corner I'd hidden myself in beside the doors before making it to the open side. With a deep exhalation, I shove myself forward and into the cafeteria littered with cliques of kids here and there at their differing tables.