Chapter 5 ~ Butterflies & Fireworks

Start from the beginning

"I slipped. But it gave me an idea. This idea." Dean moved from in front of her and took his place next to Y/N, overlooking the pond, his hand brushing her lightly. "We don't have ice skates, but we have the ice. And we still have each other." He turned his head, looking to her as he finished his sentence. She was still looking over everything, a Mona Lisa smile on her lips. "Will you dance with me Y/N?"

Turning to him briefly, she laughed sweetly at his statement half in disbelief half in shyness.

"We'll fall." She pointed out the obvious.

"Then we fall." He shrugged his shoulder.

"What'll we listen to?"

"Whatever we want." Her heart flutters in her chest time and time again, his words winning her over for the thousandth time in such short a period. She thought it unfair she didn't know if Dean felt this way as well. She hoped and prayed he did because now that she'd allowed herself this much pleasure, there was no going back. "What do you say?" He held out his hand, offering it to her. "Are you willing to risk falling?" Little did he know, she already had. But all be damned if she wouldn't do it again in a heartbeat, and those seemed to be quicker as of late. She reached for his hand and took it, the heat of his skin scorching her own. He didn't move, holding her gaze, and without a word, she knew he wanted her to go first. Her first step broke the intimate silence as the snow crunched under her weight. Dean followed behind. He supported her as she stepped onto the ice before he stepped behind her. They faced each other once in the centre of the rink. He got impossibly close to her body without yet holding her, his arms at his side. She stood and waited for him to do something but he took a chance to appreciate the moment. He reached up to her cheek putting his forehead against hers and squeezing his eyes shut, her own eyes fluttering to a close as a response to the intimacy of the moment. Wrapping her arms around his body she pulled him closer, closing whatever space could have been argued as such, though there was very little of it. They finally looked at each other both smiling wildly.

"You're beautiful." It was Y/N who spoke these words this time around. Dean was winded by her words, unable to breathe as his eyes welled up with tears though never spilling over. He'd been called many things; hot, attractive, sexy, and many others, he may have even been called beautiful by a few, but for every one of the compliments he'd received, none were meant for his soul the way this one was.

"Thank you." Was a choked back sob as he caught his breath. She pressed her cheek to his chest listening to his struggling breaths and raging heart. She closed her eyes as he started to sway them from side to side.

"What are we listening to?" She whispered.

"You'll like it." And he began to hum the introduction to a song she swore she'd never heard.

"I don't know this one."

"Sure, you do. Just listen." He continued the song never stopping the sway of their bodies.

Good times for a change

See, the luck I've had

Can make a good man

Turn bad

So please, please, please

Let me, let me, let me

Let me get what I want

This time

Haven't had a dream in a long time

See, the life I've had

Can make a good man bad

So for once in my life