Ballroom Beauty

It was like fire had ignited in his blood. He hadn't felt a surge of power in a very long time, so why was he getting it now? He breathed out slowly, trying to calm the rush in him as he glanced around the room. It was an elegant affair. Gold and marble made the walls, polished limestone made the floors. The ballroom had been decorated to show off wealth. Something Loki could never wrap his head around. 

Masked people in a variety of colours were scattered around, talking and dancing, and all he wanted was to get drunk. However, his blood meant that it wouldn't work in midguard. His date had stood him up as well, him! The god of mischief! This blending in business was tiring and he was trying his best not to snap. His green eyes caught onto a figure stood by herself. Champagne flute in her hand and a small silver bag in the other. He frowned as his soul itched for him to move, closer to that figure that was dancing slowly by herself. 

He took a sip of his own drink and couldn't take his eyes off her, the way her dark red hair danced around her face and flowed down her figure. How her dress seemed to flow like water that had been poured over her, surely magic had made it become fabric. He gulped faintly as he felt himself burn up more, his blood singing to be closer, was she the reason for the fire in his chest? How was that possible? She was a mere human! He felt his breath freeze when her eyes met with his and she seemed to blush. Her eyes were such a deep brown, he couldn't tell which was colour or which was her iris. Soft pink in the cheeks made him feel lightheaded, and a slight soft smile made his heart beat faster. What was this magic and how had he fallen victim to it so easily?

Loki didn't know what made him move, nor did he know why he had to be closer to her. He made short work of the dance floor as he slipped through people, evading them so easily like it was habit, never taking his eyes off her. He noticed her elevated breathing with each step closer. He barely noticed  how she had taken her bottom lip in between her teeth, the red shade complimented her look beautifully but he was too distracted by that simple action now.

"Dance?" He managed to get out and she blushed more, her drink forgotten in her hands since their unspoken battle. She nodded and set the glass down before she took his hand. Her purse it seemed was attached to her wrist and moved fluidly with her. 

As soon as her skin touched his, it was like a live wire had been placed on his palm and he wanted to pull her close and feel the thrum of electricity all the time. Was she human? Or...more? Was this new obsession going to be what gets him caught by his brother? 

Loki was grateful to the band as the next song seemed to be an utter ballroom classic, an excuse to slip his arm around her waist and pull her closer. She smelled subtly of lilies and he had never thought of a more beautiful smell for a girl. He was losing the plot, surely, he didn't go out of his way for a female. Not one who was mortal either! He closed his eyes slowly as he heard her faint gasp, their bodies pressed as one as he led her effortlessly around the room. All he wanted to do now was rip the dress from her and make her submit. But these thoughts were bad, weren't they?

"Sir..." came a timid voice, and he felt even more unsure of himself as he looked to the human in his arms. Her cheeks were beyond red and a glint in her eye that he could have mistaken for his usual mischief. Did she just call him sir?

"Sir...." she murmured into his ear and Odin above, how had he remained calm in that moment was beyond him, what was with this girl? He pulled her closer, ignoring the feeling of doom. He needed to stay still for a moment and focus purely on her.

"Please, I am awfully thirsty." she whispered, her voice so gentle and wary. He couldn't tell if it was more alcohol she wanted or him, he was confused utterly by the being in his arms, so he simply nodded and let go of her slowly. She took hold of his hand and that jolt made him gasp once again.

Loki let this human lead him out of the ballroom and his thoughts went to a darker more intimate place as she pulled him against her. They were in some sort of little rest room off the main hall. He wanted to ask what she needed him for, and that why here if she needed a beverage? But those questions dissolved as her lips soon met with his. All thoughts of normal things disappeared completely as he groaned against her. She deepened the kiss and he felt at a loss, wasn't he the one that demanded a female to kiss him? Wasn't he the god that demanded worship? Yet here he was, letting this stranger have her way, and why not? He had no date and she was all to eager. He had a moment to collect himself when she abruptly pushed him away. 

"What am I doing?" she gasped, suddenly finding herself again, was she as lost in him as he was in her? He found his voice and he couldn't help but smile. A smirk on his face that screamed mischief. 

"I do believe you were man handling me, my lady." he mused, teasing as she looked even more mortified. He didn't even know her name.

"Oh my god, I am so sor-" he stopped her by kissing her again, pulling her waist against him effortlessly. Was she really sorry? Why did that thought hurt?

"I am not." he whispered cheekily against her lips, "You have captured my eye, and that is not normally possible, so whatever fantasy you had, my dear, I would gladly fill it here. In this little piece of ours." he whispered against her lips. What was he supposed to do? Be a gentleman?

"B-but..." that word made him tighten his grip, was she backing out before they even knew each other? He couldn't have that. "...I do not know you. You could...ah..." she was losing her train of thought as he led sweet, soft kisses down her jaw. Good, he stopped momentarily and looked at her eyes again, brushing her red hair back.

"I can stop, let you go, if you wish?" he asked, not that he wanted to, she had sparked something in him he had not felt before. Loki smirked as he watched her think, really think on it, her eyes scanning his for something he did not know. Would she submit, he hoped so, this was the most fun he had ever had.

"...I think...." she whispered, "....yes." the way she glanced at him, though, made him push to move away. "I don't even know your name." she added, it seemed she had a hard time thinking. Just like him.

"As my lady commands."  he replied slowly as he set her down and slid into the seat next to her. "My name is Tom, and you, my lady?" he asked, tilting his head ever so slightly at the blushing woman before him. Who seemed utterly baffled at her own actions.

"My name is Violet. And I am mortified." she laughed, and it made his chest tighten at the sound of it. She covered her face with her hands and laughed a little bit more. How can a sound be so breathtaking and painful at the same time?

"No need, I believe we were both taken under by whatever this is." He motioned between them, still unsure to what it even was. "But I would like to know more of my lady, if that will be okay?" he asked. 

The two of them sat in that small space, in their own world, talking long into the night. Loki found for once that he wasn't bored by idle chatter nor did he want the end to end. Loki found out that Violet was an orphan, nothing interesting except the person she worked for. Tony Stark. He breathed carefully as she spoke of her work at Stark industries. Then he found out that she loved the quiet and had her creature comforts. He told her the simple details in return, how he loved freedom and books and didn't work much except for when his family needed him too. She had blushed and then paled at this, having thought he was some rich man waiting to inherit a family company. 

He had gotten her number and she had gotten his, they promised to meet in less stuffy situations. Loki doubted she would, but when he woke to an image of a kitten saying good morning, he knew that this was going to be fairly interesting time on Earth.