A Real Family

Luke, Reggie and Violet arrived between Luke and Violet's houses and they looked at her house. "Well, I guess here it goes. Are you ready for this?", she asked Reggie.

   "I don't know, how am I supposed to feel about this? I found out that my parents are divorced and now I maybe am meeting my dad after 25 years.".

   "More like 26 soon.", she said. "I will be there with you.", she nodded smiling at him.

   "Yeah, I can be there too if you want.", Luke said. "Come with you guys.".

   "I think you should go home, Luke. Be with your parents, spend all the time you can with them now when you have them back.".

   Luke looked at Violet as she said that and nodded. "You're right. I'll see you by the windows later, right?".

   "Right. Say hey to your parents from me.".

   "Will do.", he said and looked at Reggie. "Good luck, man. I wanna hear all about it later.", he smiled at him and Reggie nodded. Luke went to his house and Violet watched him walk away.

   "See you by the windows? What does that mean?", Reggie asked Violet as he looked at her.

   "Oh well, Luke and I can see each other's rooms from our windows, I guess we communicate like that when he isn't over at my place or I'm not over at his.", she explained and he nodded. "So should we do this?".

   "Yes, yes let's do this.".

Reggie and Violet went to her house, walking up to the door. She opened it and walked in, letting him walk in after her. "I'm home!", she screamed as she closed the door. Violet looked at Reggie who looked nervous, she placed her hand on his arm gently.

   "It's okay, I am here.", she said, comforting him and he nodded smiling at her.

They went into the kitchen there her parents were, and her parents looked at them. "Violet, honey, who's this?", her mother asked and her father looked at them, he looked a little confused and curious at Reggie.

   "You look familiar.", her father said.

   "Mom... dad, this is Reggie.", Violet said shyly and nervously as she looked at her father.

   "My real name is Reginald, Reginald Peters.", Reggie said and her father widened his eyes at them both.

   "Reginald?".

   "Dad?".

Her father looked speechless at Reggie which gave them the answer they was looking for. "Why didn't you tell me you had a son?", Violet asked her father.

   "How did you find this out? How do you know each other?".

   "I found it out by the yearbook, we know each other by Luke. You should have told me that you have another child.".

   "I-I wanted to but... I didn't know when.".

   "How about when we moved to the same city as them?".

   "I didn't know how either.".

Violet chuckled at her father. "You could have started with Violet, I have something to tell you... there is a good starting line. How do you think we feel when we find out by a book that we are related? How do you think Anna will feel about this?".

   "Anna? Who's Anna?", Reggie asked Violet.

   "My... your second little sister.", she said as she looked at him.

   "I have two sisters?". She nodded and he smiled, then he looked at their father and opened his mouth to speak. "I have to be honest, I was really shocked when I heard that Violet could be my sister, when I heard that my parents were divorced... I never saw this coming.".