00

the ark: 2 years ago ◦•●◉✿

 ◦•●◉✿

          𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗌 𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝗂𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗉𝗈𝗍. 

 Artemis sighed, her own shoulders sagging with every painful grunt that came out of Taylor's lips. "Hold still," She ordered, the skin only now starting to heal around the very painful head wound that he had sustained a mere two weeks earlier. 

"Son of a bitch," He cursed, leaning away from his friend; making a scowl edge on her lips. Artemis Blackwell sighed, as she pulled her hand away from Taylor Simmons head, the non alcoholic wipe falling to the floor.

"I'm sorry, I know that hurts." She whispered, and he glared at her; standing up. "Where are you going?" She questioned, standing up as he flung his jacket over his shoulder an angry look plastered over his face. 

"I think I should go home." He answered, and an annoyed look formed on Artemis's face. 

"I'll walk you back." She answered, grabbing her own jacket. The fifteen year old was not used to getting told no, and wasn't about to take it from Taylor who was glaring at her like she had offended him. "Don't look at me like that, you're family don't scare me." 

"Stubborn idiot." He mumbled, although a small smile tugged at the edges of his lips. 

"Love you too," She replied sarcastically, and he rolled his eyes as the two left her bedroom into the open area of her living area. Her parents, Alina and Samson Blackwell leaned against the table as they sighed. 

"No, you're staying here tonight." Alina ordered when she noticed the two standing by the doorway; Taylor looked at her shocked before looking at Artemis with pleading eyes who shrugged her shoulders in return. 

"Don't look at me," She replied, "I would prefer you here, but like always it's up to you." 

"Fine, just." He looked over at his mother figure, "Stop giving me your damn puppy eyes." He pleaded, and Alina laughed out loud; as Artemis rolled her eyes. 

 ◦•●◉✿

      A crack came from beside her bed, and Artemis's eyes pealed open. 

"What in the hell?" She muttered as she watched Taylor pull on his shirt. "Where in the hell are you going?" She questioned, startling the male as he turned to face her with a look of pure disbelief. 

"Dammit," He muttered, noticing the look his friend was giving him. "I'm going out?" He tried to lie, and she chuckled not believing him for even a millisecond. 

"Where are you really going, Tay?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side as she slipped her feet onto the cold metal floor. 

"Meet me outside in 5." He ordered, and she smirked as he slipped from her room. She had always craved for adventure and it seemed like she was about to get it. Her fingers reached out for her jeans and jacket before tugging them on. 

Silently shutting her bedroom door behind her, and then the compartments door. Taylor leaned against the floor with an annoyed look on his face, "Come on." He ordered, holding out his hand but she walked past it. 

"So. What are we doing?" She questioned, excitedly and although Taylor tried to stop it. A small smile tugged at the edges of his lips at his friends actions. She was too excitable for him, but he was glad he had someone like her. 

"Stealing." He spoke casually, like he trusted her with his life and Artemis looked over at him. "Well, I am. I don't know about you," He shrugged, and a smile formed on her lips. "You're crazy." He mumbled, shaking his head. 

"Always." She shrugged, with a sly smile on her face. "Where too?" She questioned, and he looked over at her. 

"Medical." He answered sharply, and she nodded before they turned a sharp corner; and just as she was about to walk past; Taylor grabbed her around the waist to halt her movements. He pinned her against the wall with a finger to her lips. 

"You're a good cadet, Blake." She heard Shumway comment, and she let out a strangled breathe. 

"Thanks sir." She heard another voice speak out, which she suspected to be Blake. Once they're footsteps echoed into another area of the Ark, Taylor pulls his hand away from Artemis's mouth. 

"Come on, and be careful." He whispered, and she nodded. She didn't want to ask him why he put himself through this, she already knew. "Don't look at me like that, A." He warned and she cocked a brow at him. 

"Like what?" She whispered, and he turned to look at her over his shoulder. 

"Like you want to know why I do this," He answered, harshly. "I think you already do, so don't ask." He warned, and she sighed; shaking her head before deciding just to keep her mouth shut. "A." He whispered, noticing he had pissed her off. 

"It's okay, you don't want to talk about it. I understand." She whispered. 

Once the two were inside Medical, they started looking for stuff they could steal. Morphine, bandages, anything they could get their hands on. "Hey T." Artemis spoke from beside him, gaining a hum from the man. 

"I wasn't going to ask," She answered, with a sad smile. 

In the middle of the two silently conversing, Taylor heard movement. "Artemis, get out of here now. Go." He ordered, and she looked at him worried. "I'll be right behind you." He spoke silently promising her and she nodded, before slipping out of Medical. 

 ◦•●◉✿

         Artemis tapped her fingers against the metal table lightly, when the door opened. 

Taylor slipped in with an almost silent sigh, "You got away?" She questioned, startling the male and he whizzed around to find her sitting behind him. 

"Geez, A." He scowled, pulling out another seat to sit down beside her. "It was a false alarm, I heard no one." He spoke, not gaining a response after a few minutes; he noticed she was asleep with her arms placed out in front of her, protecting her head. 

"Goodnight, Artemis." He whispered, putting his jacket over the top of her. 

NOTE

this was only the prologue to Legends Never Die
it shows the beginning of Artemis's and Taylor's complicated
relationship at the start of the book. Thank you so much bottledcosmos
for the plot and I can't wait to write more of it.