Arriving at their doorstep, his spouse greeted with the most gleeful chirp, choking him in a hug and a lengthy peck on the lips. Dinner was all devoured, and Jihoon watched Hyunsuk clingking his fork and spoon lively, with a smile so permanent on his cheeks. Was he missing something out? The older male strided up to him, and sat on his lap without his acknowledgement, not like Jihoon complained, taking one of Jihoon's hands and resting it on his stomach. With a baffled mind, Jihoon tried playing it cool and smirked.

"Love, we talked about this. If you want to have sex, you can just say so,"

He did not see that slap coming. Hyunsuk grumpily groaned, with heavy pout he hopped out of Jihoon's lap and crossed his arms. Jihoon was beyond confused, and tried talking out his sulky lover. The older male shrugged his shoulders and patted his stomach, "Don't you see any difference?"

"Difference?"

"Yeah, any?"

Jihoon bit his bottom lip, "Well," He coughed, "You do look a bit...chubbier,"

And, oh, how he regretted saying those words.

"Am I really that f—fat?"

With leaking sobs, the older dashed away from the kitchen, breaking a wail. Jihoon panicked and baffled chased after him in their shared room, repetitively trying to get his attention and call out his name, but it was no use. Sitting on the tip of their bed, Hyunsuk weeped his face into his palms. As much as the sight broke his heart, this was very weird of Hyunsuk. This was so not like his husband. He walked closer to the older male, only to have Hyunsuk weep harder, demanding him to read the letter on the bedside table. With the name of a clinic not far from their house, Jihoon was about to ask if Hyunsuk had hurt himself, only to shut up hearing him sob.

He almost couldn't believe the words he was reading at first, until he puzzled together all the moments from in the incident on the drive here, to the older sitting on him in the kitchen. His legs trembled, falling onto the floor in front of his husband.

"Oh my god, so this is why you were making me pat your belly?" Jihoon glanced above at Hyunsuk's glistening eyes, nodding furiously, "Little bub, I'm so sorry you had to witness your dump Papa be so stupid,"

Streams of tears ran down his cheeks as he gave the bulge on Hyunsuks stomach fluttering kisses. That night, Jihoon couldn't stop pressing himself close to little bump, humming lullabies and mumbling stories, until he drifted to his slumber.

Now, Hyunsuk was approaching his second trimester. Jihoon noticed his decrease in nausea and better sleeping patterns, with no more waking him up in the middle of the night. Plus, the accelerating energy he has throughout the day, accompanied with his emotional roller coaster was so hard to keep up with. Hyunsuk also had days where he woke up in a good mood. He would be whipping up a fresh breakfast, usually Jihoon's favourite, while the melodic sound of his favourite classicals played from his MP3 player.

How he wished everyday was like that.

The morning rays greeted his shut eyelids, and Jihoon found the territory next to him empty. He got up, washed his face and brushed his teeth, before pulling on a thin t-shirt. Today, for his day off, the couple had planned to go grocery shopping, and buy a couple new clothes for Hyunsuk. Specifically looser pants, as the older only wore his football shorts and only had a couple of them. Entering the kitchen, Jihoon muttered a good morning, only to see his husband frowning deeply at his morning cup of tea, like a kicked puppy.

"Park Jihoon."

Unfortunately, today Hyunsuk woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Finally, you're awake!" He whined, "You're cooking breakfast today,"