A tired night

-"Why is it that Norman can cause a fire in the middle of the night?"- Penny asks boredly, sinking into Jupiter's seat. He blinks wearily with his eyes. She's 24 hours behind her, just like Sam is behind him.

-"Good question, but it's just the usual one!"- Sam laughs slightly and looks at the woman to his left. She seems tired. No wonder they barely had free minutes during the entire shift. If they didn't pack or write reports, they put out a fire in the woods or Dilys 'shop, or they just took Moos off the rocks, rescued Mike from the river, herded Wooly and her littlr lamb together.

-"It was enough ... Now I get to the point where I say I can't stand it ....."- the blonde firefighter whispers sulking. Their shift is coming to an end so they can relax.

-"All right, Penny, there's nothing wrong. We're done soon!"- Sam tries to reassure her. He know Penny's tolerance is great, but when she reaches that level, the glass is full ....... And now she's probably already there. It is at this point that they turn towards the station. They slowly get into the garage and get out.

-"Firefighters have done a good job!"- praises Station Officer Steele, who then enters.

-"Thank you, sir!"-they answer all at once and head for the hangers. They take off their blue and yellow work clothes and put them back in place.

-"I think that's enough for today!" -Steele nods

-"But there's 1 hour left ....." -Sam says. He is always committed to the work. He likes to work overtime, which Steele doesn't like because he thinks Sam should rest more. In fact, there are times when he goes in to work on his day off. Everyone respects Sam, he really only lives for work.

-"It's okay! The shift is already here! Have a good rest!"- the commander replies with a smile and leaves the garage.

-"Goodbye, sir!"-the two firefighters say.

-"Penny? How tired are you?"-the red-haired man asks as he looks at the woman who takes her bag out of her blue closet.

-"As much as possible ..."- she replies, closing her closet.

-"You know, you can stay with me if you want ... I don't want you to go home so late." -Sam raises the idea.

-"Are you sure Sam ..... are the townspeople already gossiping?"-the blonde woman asks uncertainly. The whole city is rumored to be a couple for sure, though not. It has been said so many times that this is not true, but the others still do not understand.

-"Yes, but don't worry ....... it's too late!" -Sam whispers as he gets closer.

-"That's why."-Penny raises her eyebrows, then smiles.

-"Good ... you're right!"-Sam gets to his neck in confusion.-"You know what, I don't care. There's nothing left to lose!"-he laughs and hugs Penny. After gathering their belongings, they head to Sam's house. They approach the apartment from the station.

-"That may look weird ..."-Penny whispers as softly as possible. It's dark, the city's lights are on, and that gives a little light.

-"Yeah, but I don't understand why they don't believe we're just best friends?"- Sam whispers back and opens the garden door.

-"Because they like to gossip ..."- Penny stops, looking at the man with her hands on her hips.

-"Yes, but it's evening, there is no one on the streets!" -he points around and softly grabs the woman's hand. - Come!

After Penny and Sam talked and had a late night dinner, they went to sleep. Penny only spends nights with her colleague, and next to Sam's room is a guest room where she used to sleep.

-"Wolf?"- Penny shouts into the guest room. Wolves are heard in the town. Looking at the clock, she sees that they could only have slept for 1 hour. She quickly gets out of bed and runs into the room next to her. She jumps on Sam's bed and the mattress springs slightly. She hears the man whimper and then slowly shakes him. -"Sam, get up!"

-"What's wrong with Penny?"-he says softly as he sits on the bed.

-"Listen!" -she whispers, and then a wolf howls again, then another. Penny smears her blonde, loose, shoulder-length hair out of her sight.

-"Wolves!"-Sam stood up and hurried to the window and opened it. Penny steps close to him and they look at together. The townis in complete darkness, only the lighting of the street lights is visible.

-"Out of the field!"- Sam points into the distance. The moon illuminates distant meadows.

"It's not good. They rarely venture out of the woods!" -Penny says anxiously, then suddenly they are both frightened by a voice.

-"Plus, there aren't a lot of wolves in Pontypandy, is it?"- someone asks from the street. Slowly he steps under the light of the street lamp and sees the figure in blue and white uniforms.

-"Malcolm!"-Sam and Penny say at once, looking down the window

-"Don't be mad, I don't want to bother you ..... another good ... night!" -says the policeman with a satisfied smile on his face.

-"Malcolm!!!"- shout the two firefighters softly but angrily. Their facial expressions are a little angry, raising their eyebrows. They slowly step out of the window and Sam closes it.

-"So much for not having anyone on the streets!"- Penny leans against the wall. She glances straight at Sam with a look at "I told you." Sam just shrugs, smiling.