"I don't know," Ming said as he squeezed Pha's hands encouragingly, "but let's go talk to him."

The two men gathered their books and got in Pha's car. They stopped once on the way to their building to pick up food. They knew that either way this could go, they wouldn't be in the mood to go out later.

They held hands on the way up to Yo's room. Ming tried texting several times, wanting to make sure Yo was at home, but he wasn't answering. Ming's nervousness grew as they got closer. Yo's answer would change everything and he was afraid of losing what he had.

Pha felt Ming's anxiety and his own skyrocketed. So it was with trembling hands and nervous hearts that they knocked on Yo's door, intent on telling the boy they loved that they both wanted to be with him, if he would allow it.

They waited, their hands growing sweaty as they stared at the door, but no one answered. They continued knocking, calling out to Yo and trying to reach his phone, but in the end they realized he wasn't there.

************

Yo sat in the back of the car, trying to keep his expression neutral. He didn't want the driver to see his unhappiness and report to his father. But inside, Yo was dying.

He'd been looking for Ming, wanting to talk to the one person he knew he could trust no matter what. Then he'd heard them, two voices in a quiet room and everything had changed.

"What are we going to do?" Ming asked, his voice floating through the gap in the almost closed door for Yo to hear.

"Sex isn't enough for me, Ming," Pha's voice responded. "I love you."

"I love you too. But Yo ... ." Ming's voice came again, Yo looked inside just enough to see the two men holding hands then he turned and ran.

He'd knocked over a box and found himself jumping over a cat that had wandered nearby before racing down the hall, his only thought was that he needed to get away.

He'd gone straight to his apartment and thrown everything he might need in a bag while talking to his dad's car service. The driver arrived less than 10 minutes later to take Yo to his destination.

Yo hadn't thought very far ahead so when asked where he was going, he said the first thing that came to his mind. The airport. He made a few calls, arranged his flight and alerted the staff at the family resort, then called his dad.

"Are you sure everything's okay?" Yo's dad asked. "You've never wanted to go away alone before. Why aren't you going with Ming?"

"Don't worry, I'm not a little kid anymore," Yo answered, keeping his voice light. He didn't want to alarm his dad. "I just need a break and you know how Ming gets a little wild. I think some time alone will be good for me."

"Okay, if you're sure," his father responded. "Call me when you get there and have a good trip."

"Thanks dad, I'll be back after the long weekend," Yo said, relieved that his dad was letting this go. "Do me a favor, if anyone calls, don't tell them where I am. I need some time to myself."

"Sure, but answer the phone for me, so I'll know you're alright," Yo's dad said. "I love you, son."

"I love you too."

Yo put his phone in his bag and looked down at his hands, trying not to remember the way Pha and Ming had been looking at each other as they'd held hands and confessed to their love. The sight would probably be stuck in his brain for the rest of his life, taunting him when he was alone.

Yo held back his tears, knowing this was his own fault. He'd fallen in love with two people, one was his best friend and the other an unattainable senior who had never wanted him anyway. He had been arrogant to believe either one of them might feel the same way about him, and greedy to want them both. Yo realized this must be karma. He hadn't wanted to choose, so he'd lost them both.

Requestsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें