chapter 2

guyssssssssssss this is the author, i just wanted to say, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me advice!!!!!! i need some, like bad. i dont know if this story is good or not! PLEASEEE gimme feedback!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    *year 2081

I opened my eyes to the white walls and floors surrounding me. Today was the dreadful test day, when people from all over come to see my yearly progress, and to see if I was still yet to be fit to fight Magothoske, the dragon emporer. Last year, they said that I might be able to fight him 10 years from now. I just want to get it over with! I played with my hair for a bit, trying to convince myself it wasn’t so bad. Then I hopped off of my bed, flicked my hand, making it ready to sleep again in an instant. Maybe today would be okay. Maybe they’ll let me play with my dolls for a bit.

 “Mommy! I’m awake! Is breakfast ready yet?” I called.

“hold on Lottie, the eggs are almost finished,” ‘couldn’t regular humans just have super-powers like me? it would be way more interesting’ I thought. I slipped on a dress with little cherries all over it, opened the door and made my way down the stairs.

“Good morning my sweet! Today’s the big test day! I hope you’re ready!” Mom called when I walked through the kitchen. I smiled and sat at the table, helping myself to the delectables on it.

“Mommy, why do they want me to do this every single year? I hate it,” I said through bites.

“They just want to see if you’re doing well. I’m sorry but I can’t do anything about it.”

Specimen E-001, Operation 037-DF, Test no. 5 please step forward to complete your testing. I don’t know why they had to call my number. Why couldn’t they just say Lottie? And I was the only one here, so it didn’t even matter if they said my number. I stepped up anyways. Show time.

          *year 2088

It was the first of May today. My birthday. Not that anyone really cared at the lab… They never did. So I guess this is my eleventh year in the universe, but it seems like 100. I was sitting at home, waiting for lizzie to come home. The dumb lab made her work overtime, knowing that it was my birthday. Things were even worse now between the Dragonkin and humans, and I still had 4 years of training. Oh how I hate training! But the good thing is, I got my wings a couple of days ago! I thought I would never get them! I sighed. Sad thing is, I don’t really know how to use them.

        *year 2091

Tonight’s the night. I’m leaving this god forsaken place. I was standing at the top of the building, wings unfurled, waiting for a good breeze. I closed my eyes, feeling the minds of animals and humans around and below me. And then, I jumped.