Chapter 17: Cake disaster

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

I found out later that we would be dining in one of Yang Ji Hoo's fancy restaurants. Because of that, I had to call Min Ji to help me pick up a dress that could match formality but she was unable to help me. Thank goodness I bumped into San Hee and she helped in picking a dress. In the end, we only took a formal top and a skirt.

I looked at the mirror, feeling super uncomfortable with my heels, I wore a light blue top, the skirt had the same color as my top. It falls right above my knee. It wasn't uncomfortable, I was okay with it but since they require heels, I had no other choice but to wear one.

We all met up and as expected, they all also wear something formal so we wouldn't disrespect anybody.

"It's great that you guys really came." Ji Hoo smiled at us, we already finished ordering our meals and is only waiting for them to arrive.

"Yeah, but it doesn't have to be this expensive." The treasurer said, "It's not like we saved your life."

"Yeah." I agreed, "We only wrote some kinds of stuff."

"Just consider it saving my life." Nonetheless, he still smiled.

I feel bad for not wanting to be here. I also enjoy the company of the student officers, and I do appreciate Ji Hoo spending his money just to treat us but deep down. I have the feeling to want all of this to be over so I could meet up with Ja Rim and the rest.

Thankfully, the meal was finally served and we all started to eat, I had to calm myself from rushing just to finish and leave.

Damn, I hate this.

∴ ════ ∴ ♡ ∴ ════ ∴

Although we all finished eating, that wasn't the end of it. Ji Hoo went to show us the spectacular view of the building, I admit it was great but I still wished that someone would call and I could use it as an excuse to leave.

How terrible of me. The rest of the officers were all enjoying their moment and here I am not wanting to be.

"What's wrong?" Ji Hoo leaned on the railing of the balcony that I was leaning into.

"Nothing," I replied, not wanting to ruin his mood. "Just enjoying the view."

"Ah, yeah." He smiled, "it's quite nice. You too could see it every time if you want to." He looked at me.

"No thanks." I just want to leave this five-story building.

"Why not?" He asked, he looked offended by my answer.

"It's because we see things like this rarely that makes it spectacular." I said looking at him, "If I would continue seeing this kind of view every day, I'd eventually get bored of it someday. If not bored, I'll get used to it just being there."

"You have a point." He said, "Is that how you see love? You'll get bored of that person. Or just get used to him being there."

I looked at him confused for his sudden change of topic, I was talking about the view, not love.

"Love... is different." I said calmly, "If you'll get bored of them, Is that considered love?" I asked him back.

"Of course not."

I heard my phone ringing cutting us from our topic, I sighed in relief glad that the topic was interrupted. I took my phone out and was thankful for the caller.