Twenty-Two: The Battle of Britpop

Start from the beginning

"I like your hair like this."

"Yeah because you can't see my face."

"You look like Damon Albarn now."

He let go of her hand only to push her hair all over to one side, giving her a heavy side fringe.

"And now you look like Justine Frischmann, it's perfect."

Sylvia stuck out her bottom lip to blow up at the hair in her eyes, flicking it back into place with her finger. Her mouth felt tacky but she swallowed. Fred's hand was brushing against the bare skin between the collar of her shirt and gently unbuttoning down until it lay open at her sides. His finger hooked around the waist of her trousers and slid back and forth over her hipbone.

"Sylvie?" He whispered.

"What?" She whispered back.

The tip of his tongue was pressing against the back of his front teeth and his smile was all lopsided. He leaned down a little so she had to look between his eyes.

"I really like you."

"Well good. This would be kind of awkward if you didn't."

"Sylvie." He whispered again.

She raised her eyebrows at him, "What?"

"Sylvie." He pecked her lips.

She snorted a little laugh at him, but she let him go on.

"Sylvie, Sylvie, Sylvie." He kissed her each time before she could answer, holding her body close and kissing down her neck, repeating her name into her skin.

Fred couldn't stop saying her name. It felt like honey on his tongue and he liked the little buzz the v sound left on his lips. He said it one last time before he kissed her again, undoing the button of her trousers as she did the same to his.

When their clothes were all on the floor, Sylvie pushed at Fred's chest so he was laying face up. She swung a knee over his legs to straddle him, placing a slow kiss on his lips. Her hands found his on her waist and she guided them upwards to unclasp her bra, which he tossed to the side of the room. He reached up and slid her glasses off her face and put them on himself, smiling proudly up at her.

"Now I can't see." She whispered through a giggle.

"Are you really going to have sex with your glasses on?"

She snickered and dragged her teeth over her bottom lip.

"I could be like," She let out a snort of laughter, "like a sexy librarian."

Fred raised his his eyebrows with a sly grin and Sylvia pushed at his chest, bursting into a fit of cackling laughter.

"What? It's not a bad idea."

She sniffed and ran a finger across his forehead, brushing the little wispy strands out of his eyes, "You look better in them anyways."

"Then I'll be the librarian."

Her fingers left little tingles across his skin and she plucked the glasses off his nose, setting them on the bedside table.

He reached up to brush the hair out of her eyes, tucking it back behind her ear, and he let his hand rest on her cheek, thumb tracing back and forth over her lips. His heart nearly stopped when she parted her lips and dipped her head down the slightest bit, taking his thumb in her mouth sucking on the finger. He was having deja vu.