part four • get him fired

y/n pov:

"yeah of course luke. what's wrong?"
"can i call you? i feel like it'll be better that way"
"yeah go ahead"

"hey"
"hey, so what's wrong?"
"my stupid manager, he's such a jerk"
"what did he do this time?"
"it's complicated. but basically, we wanted to get to know you, be your friend! but alan, he-"
"luke, you can tell me anything. i won't get mad at all."
"he wants you to be our friend just so you can write a song with us."
"wow, i-."
"i know it's bad i'm sorry"
"don't be sorry luke. i know it isn't your fault"
"i know, but whenever we mention being friends, he's like, so when are we writing the song?"
"he just doesn't understand that having good friendships is more valuable to you than writing music"
"yeah. being completely honest though, the band hasn't been going well lately at all. we're scared that it'll fall apart, so now that we wanna become friends, alan sees you as a chance to get our music back up."
"but what he doesn't understand is that it'll ruin what we have and it'll look like you have a bad reputation."
"exactly! thank god someone understands this besides reggie, alex and i"
"yeah of course i understand, he's a real ass"
"for real" *laugh*
"thank you for talking to me, it felt good to get that off my chest."
"anytime. i'm always a call, text or facetime away, whichever one you prefer" *laugh*
"i appreciate you so much."
"that means a lot luke."
"well, i'll talk to you later? let me know another time you're able to meet up! maybe just the 2 of us?"
"that sounds great! bye luke"
"see ya"

well, they weren't lying when they said their manager was a jerk earlier. i can see why he wants a song out of me with them, like a collab or something. it'll help the band. but he just put work in front of everything, including good friendships as luke said. at least the guys and i think other than alan.

luke pov:

"you good bro?" alex asks.
"yeah, i just talked to y/n about everything that just happened"
"well? what did she say?"
"that he's an ass, and completely agrees with me"
"good for her"
"yeah. i'm just glad we have someone else on our side than just us 3."
"me too, someone ya know... outside of the band"
"exactly"
"yeah, we're definitely not letting one song get in the way of our friendship with her" alex says
"i agree, we're keeping that"
"mhm definitely"
"and luke..."
"what?"
"you're the only single one here" *reggie winks*
"shut up! i barely know her"
"well maybe you can get closer"
"c'mon haven't you heard of love at first sight"
"yeah in the movies"
"well willie and i aren't in a movie"
"ok alex we get it, you and willie have a perfect relationship"
"i know" *pretends to sassily flip hair*
"well how bout this reg, did you and carolynn have love at first sight?"

(author note; i'm just using her name for the story, i know her and jeremy are together irl, but it just feels wrong using another name for him... ok continue)

"technically no, she was dating oliver when we met..."
"ha!" luke replies

y/n pov:

what if alan was the cause for sunset curve to start falling? that's it! he wanted to cause the band to fall as an excuse to make a song or something with someone successful (no trying to brag BUT) to make the band even more famous. i gotta tell luke.

"luke, call me right now"

"hey what's up?"
"i think i figured something out"
"and what would that be?"
"how would you like to get your manager fired?"
"keep talking"
"he was the cause of your fall in the band... just so we could collab ig, and make you even more famous if that makes sense"
"how'd you figure this out?"
"i had some free time so i was thinking... and i like to say i'm smart"
"hell yeah you are, let's do this"