Human Weapon

*16 years ago, year 2075

       “We need a new project, one that won’t fail,” Dr. Hallie Vaugh said, “now that we are at war with the Dragons of the Toxic Space, we are in need of a weapon. A human weapon.”  

“I agree. Specimen D-453 was a fail. This one needs to have the best of the best artillery embedded within its skeleton. Maybe a less human brain, so the specimen can’t have emotions, like pity to the dragon kin” Dr. Wayne Maddox added in.

“No. We need it to be able to understand us, Wayne. Let us commence Operation 037-DF; the second making of a human weapon. Planning begins tomorrow.” Head Molecular Geneticist Dr. Seymore Valencia said to the scientists from around the world. "You are dismissed." And with that, everyone shuffled their way out, anticipating the plans for the next day and the days to come

*1 year later, year 2076

       “Welcome to the universe, specimen E-001. I hope that you are a success,” the doctor maniacally grinned. This was history in the making.

“Well, aren’t we going to name her?” Dr. Lizzie Sheilds asked, eyeing the doctor wrapping the child in white fabric.

“Nah. You’re welcome to though.”  Another piped in. Lizzie sighed. They didn’t even want to name a little girl? A little human girl?

“Hmm.. I think we should call her Charlotte.” Lizzie replied after a moment's thinking.

“Charlotte it is!” Dr. Valencia announced with a mad gleam in his eyes. "You can be her caretaker for the time being, Sheilds," handing her the small white bundle.

          Charlotte opened her eyes at last, Revealing the deep purple pools of colors from behind her lids. She blinked after a moment, yawned, then closed he eyes. "Hello Charlotte, I'm Lizzie," Dr. Sheilds whispered in the little pink ear.