Day 9: Stupid You!

Shit!!!

She immediately turned her back and she wrapped her arms around her body as if trying to conceal her nakedness.  When she heard Aly, she suddenly became conscious of her nudity, she suddenly became aware that a naked woman was with her in the shower.  Shame was creeping in fast and it was consuming her.

She reached for the shower knob.  She wanted the soothing tepid water to turn to ice.  The need to consummate what they have started was immediately hosed down.  She wanted to wash away her humiliation.  She wanted the feeling of shame to go away.

I'm - I'm sorry, she whispered, her back still turned and her head bowed down.

She felt strong arms, one coming from her hip, while the other from her shoulder, enclosing her in an embrace.

Hey – Aly

I'm sorry.  She closed her eyes as she again whispered her apology.  She was starting to feel the water change temperature and all she just wanted was to wallow in its coldness, but those arms became more imposing.

Aly felt her awkwardness.  She did not reciprocate her embrace.  She just stood there obviously trying to cover her body.  The woman she just held passionately awhile ago has become aloof and unresponsive.

Its okay Den.  It's okay.

She allowed the cold water to flow unto their bodies.  She knew a cold bath was what they needed and turning the hot shower off was appropriate.  She continued to hold her and kiss her hair.  They stayed that way for a few minutes.

Harap ka dito. Dali. - She kept an upbeat and happy tone.  She was trying to start a conversation.

"Deeeennn, sige na", paglalambing nya.

Sumunod naman ang dalaga.  Head bowed, she turned towards her, arms still covering her nakedness.

She lifted her chin up and when their eyes met ----HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

The room was filled with laughter.  Two naked girls, drenched in cold water, laughing their hearts out --- just the perfect recipe to break the awkwardness.

Sorry talaga.  I didn't ---

Its okay, nakalimutan mo yata, girl din ako.

But, arghhhhh ---

Enough, but can you at least give me a bath?  Hahaha, tapos the water is really cold na, balik na natin yong mainit, please.

-----

Their night was spent with pillow conversations.  They made use of their time together to get to know each other more.  They were like high school girls having a sleepover, except that Den was either snuggled comfortably on top of Aly or she was lying safely in her arms in a spoon-like position.  They didn’t kiss as much as they wanted to because they sure know where it could lead them and that they both have to wait for that for a couple of days more.