Blazing infurno

"Where's Rachel?"
Eddie runs his hands through his dark hair and turns to the group of shocked pupils, who are gazing open mouthed at the terrifying blaze that is engulfing their school.
"Has anyone seen miss Mason?"
Nobody replies- they are too shocked to even think- let alone remember who they have set eyes on since being ussured from their lessons. He's frantic now. Tom is behind him, muttering something about Chlo and Davina- they are obviously missing too. In retrospect they should all be collaborating, forming a clear list of who is and isn't present but at that moment, none of them matter to him. Nobody matters. Only her. Something suddenly becomes clear in the midst of his mixed up mind. She went back up to her office. The bottom seems to fall out of his stomach.
"Rachel... Rachel's still inside!"
Matt tries to hold him back but it's no use. It takes a group of firemen to prevent him from running back into the burning building. He's shouting now- trying to force his way forward. He's aware the pupils are staring but he doesn't care what they think. Not now. He doesn't care what anyone thinks.
"SHE'S INSIDE!!! THE HEAD TEACHER IS STILL IN THE SCHOOL... SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!"
He tries to force his way past them-but they're resilient. His plea doesn't fall on deaf ears however as the fire services assure him they will send someone to find her as soon as possible.
They were supposed to be going for a 'drink' after work. Not a generic last day of term drink with the rest of the staff-Just the two of them. His mind races. Perhaps now, he'll never get the chance to tell her how he feels. Tears prick the corners of his eyes. Perhaps her last day on earth has been wasted- working herself up and being thoroughly humiliated by Stuart Hordley. She was so brave, he thought. Standing on that stage, in front of a hall full of pupils and staff- admitting the heartbreaking truth. She could have quite easily passed it all off as a lie, some kind of sick prank but that wasn't her style...
"I can't lie to the people who've trusted me" were her exact words.
"Oh my...RACHEL..."
He rushes over, as they carry her lifeless body from the building. He's not even sure if his heart is beating now. Words are escaping his lips but he's not sure what they are.
"There is a pulse but it's very weak" he hears them announce, as they load her into the ambulance. He scrambles around in his pocket for his keys, then rushes to his car.
"Eddie? Where are you going? We have to talk to the police!"
"I'm going to the hospital- they can wait!" He shouts, in response.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 02, 2015 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Don't you remember?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें