Chapter 4

I flew above and looked down. The enemy base was directly below me. I summoned my bow and bit the end of the arrow as I pushed the bow away from me. I charged my arrow with explosive mana and fired. I gasped as I hit the center of the base. The house exploded but the enemy jumped out, unharmed. I flew straight down as I drew my blade. When I had Toro in my sights, I lifted the blade above my head, charging powerful mana into the weapon. I slashed down ward and cut Toro in half. I watched as his two parts fell, blood spilling onto the clean grass before every sign of his existence vanished.

"Toro," Ying cried in distress.

Gavin was on me in a second. I tried to backflip away from his sword but he cut my artificial wings off. I landed 10 meters away from him and watched as everyone charged forward from behind me. Gavin instantly targeted Brian and cut his head clean off. I gasped and watched as he vanished. I screamed and charged at Gavin with Takashi. I kicked Gavin's shin plate as Takashi knocked Gavin's blade away. I leapt back and quickly fired my bow at his head. Gavin's cheek got cut but he didn't seem fazed. Takashi punched Gavin in the chest and screamed as he poured mana into his hand. Everyone froze when Takashi's fist punched through Gavin's chest plate and drew blood from Gavin's chest. I turned toward Moth who stared at Gavin in surprise. She seemed to be fighting Lisa and Yui. I fired an arrow but she quickly recovered and threw the arrow at Lisa. Lisa dodged it and caught Moth's neck with her tail. I jumped toward Moth and prepared to slit her throat. On the last second, she cut Lisa's tail and tore her heart from her chest. I felt my blood pump and I stabbed Moth's heart. She screamed in pain and fell to the ground. When she hit the earth, I got on top of her and started to stab her torso constantly. She screamed and screamed, "I love you," but I didn't stop. I kept going until her eyes went dull and her body vanished. I panted. Two people have died but only one other was a Black Mercy. I stood up and realized how much blood was on me. A splash of blood covered my face and blood stains covered my armor. I turned to Ying, my blood still pumping. She closed her eyes and fired a shot. It hit my shoulder but I still stood. She fired and fired again until her mana was drained. She opened her eyes and still saw me. I watched her arms drop to her side before I started walking toward her. Takashi stopped between us.

"Sora, she surrenders. That's enough." Takashi turned to her. "Do you surrender to the Guild Mash?"

She looked around at the blood and cried. "Yes," she sobbed. "I give up!"

"Not me." We turned to the source and watched as a giant serpent appeared in the house. I felt my heart stop. "I still need a body..."

He suddenly jumped into the air and dove for Yui. I tried to cut his neck but my blade bounced off. I watched in horror as the serpent crawled down Yui's throat. When it was done, Yui's eyes glowed purple and her eye brows arced into an evil glare.

"Yui," I whispered.

She laughed. "Do you think she's still here? I buried her deep into my consciousness. She doesn't even know if she's still alive!"

I drew my blades. "You... You monster."

The devil jumped and killed Ying with a majestic kick. Ying's neck broke and she vanished. It then rushed Takashi who tried to punch the possessor. It dodged easily and punched through Takashi's side. When Takashi crumbled to the floor, it turned to me.

"You could've surrendered and Yui wouldn't be in this position," it said with her voice. "Now look at her. Her body is mine!" I dropped my blade and started walking to it. Yui was still Yui, no matter who used her. That was what I told myself. I hugged her body and the devil stood still. "Do you surrender, Sora?"

"Yes." I summoned my second blade and pierced both of our hearts from behind. "Just not to you."

The serpent climbed out of Yui's throat and vanished like the other casualties. I pumped mana through us both and crouched with Yui.

Edge of Warfareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें